Thread: Independents’ Sour on Democrats

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Independents’ Sour on Democrats 
    Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    AP-GfK Poll: Independent voters sour on Democrats

By Alan Fram And Trevor Tompson, Associated Press Writers
    August 15, 2010

WASHINGTON – Independents who embraced President Barack Obama’s call for change in 2008 are ready for a shift again, and that’s worrisome news for Democrats.

Only 32 percent of those citing no allegiance to either major party say they want Democrats to keep control of Congress in this November’s elections, according to combined results of recent Associated Press-GfK polls. That’s way down from the 52 percent of independents who backed Obama over Republican Sen. John McCain two years ago, and the 49 percent to 41 percent edge by which they preferred Democratic candidates for the House in that election, according to exit polls of voters.

Independents voice especially strong concerns about the economy, with 9 in 10 calling it a top problem and no other issue coming close, the analysis of the AP-GfK polls shows. While Democrats and Republicans rank the economy the No. 1 problem in similar numbers, they are nearly as worried about their No. 2 issues, health care for Democrats and terrorism for Republicans.

Ominously for Democrats, independents trust Republicans more on the economy by a modest but telling 42 percent to 36 percent. That’s bad news for the party that controls the White House and Congress at a time of near 10 percent unemployment and the slow economic recovery…

Reflecting these conflicting dynamics, today’s independents are likelier to be minorities, conservatives, less educated, lower paid and from rural areas than they were in 2008. Sixty-seven percent think the country is heading in the wrong direction, compared with 59 percent of all voters who think so…

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100815/...g_independents

Remember Nov.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Attention stupid fucks - we tried to tell you it was all smoke and mirrors but you wouldn't listen. Now you're waking up and realizing you sold us out to a fake. Way to go. Now get up off you asses and lets undo the damage you did by being fucking stupid.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    Attention stupid fucks - we tried to tell you it was all smoke and mirrors but you wouldn't listen. Now you're waking up and realizing you sold us out to a fake. Way to go. Now get up off you asses and lets undo the damage you did by being fucking stupid.
    This will resonate well.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KhrushchevsShoe View Post
    This will resonate well.
    Democrats are going to be sucking hind titty election night.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    I remember somebody said you thought John McCain would carry New Jersey and New York in 2008. Is that true? Are you that stupid?

I remember somebody said you thought John McCain would carry New Jersey and New York in 2008. Is that true? Are you that stupid?
    Stupid is a moron like you that would like to try communism after every country that has tried it is a dismal failure. Why don't you try jumping off a tall building, I'm sure you could be the first one to do it right.

This will resonate well.
    Well, if it's any consolation... I'm pretty sure liberals would be saying the same thing about the McCain administration. :D

Banned
    Yep and I also remember the dumb ass that wanted to bet me that the Repubs would not gain seats in 010. Is that you; are you stupid enough to bet me? Name your poison.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    You guys said that when Mccain/Palin pulled ahead for a week.

How did that turn out ?

Quote Originally Posted by Satanicus View Post
    You guys said that when Mccain/Palin pulled ahead for a week.

How did that turn out ?
    Tell me, how are you going to react on November 5th if the Democrats lose the House, and maybe the Senate?

Will you admit defeat graciously, and announce that you were wrong, or will you still be the same foul mouthed miserable human being?
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.