Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    No, he wants us to say that losing fewer jobs then before means things are better..
    Yep , losing less means we are heading in the right direction.

losing more would mean we are heading in the wrong direction.

But in your twisted mind , losing more and less are both in the wrong direction

Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Satanicus View Post

Go figure.
    Being able to see further then the tip of your nose does not mean you have a twisted mind.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Banned
    Being able to see further then the tip of your nose does not mean you have a twisted mind.
    So if the nation sheds less and less jobs each month , you think that is the wrong direction ?

So if the nation sheds less and less jobs each month , you think that is the wrong direction ?
    How many times have I said it? As long as the country has negative job growth, then we are heading in the wrong direction. Period. End of story.

I'm not answering that fucking question again.

It's no wonder they booted your ass at DU. You acted the same way there that you do here. It's amazing how we've managed to restrain ourselves so far.
    Last edited by djones520; 08-16-2010 at 11:26 AM.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

Banned
    How many times have I said it? As long as the country has negative job growth, then we are heading in the wrong direction. Period. End of story.
    So losing 700,000 jobs a month is the very same as losing 1000 jobs a month ?

It means there was no progress made ?

LOL , You have no idea , none.

Learn some math and get back to me.

Go figure.
    Your devotion to one average politician keeps you from seeing the big picture. Pull away from your graphs and ask yourself if it really seems like things are permanently on the right track out of this mess. You'll find many objective opinions with far more economic wisdom than yourself, who worry we are not. It's got nothing to do with dislike of your affirmative action president and everything to do with reality. Businesses and companies who are holding on to their cash are not doing so because they have something against your hero. They don't make emotional decisions, they make practical ones, or they won't survive.

Compare the situation to a region in the country who is suffering from exteme flooding. If they get a day without rain, that is good. But one or even two days without rain isn't the end of the problem. Not until they get long term, and consistent good weather, will they know the trend is over and things are getting back to normal again.

It means there was no progress made ?

I've met boxes of rocks with more brain power then what you've been able to exhibit.

It means there was no progress made

We still have 701,000 people not working. You aren't even asking the right question. It's not 'a' as in some random month. It's a function of time, so is losing 700,000 jobs last month (per se) better or worse than losing only1,000 this or some future month. The answer is no, it is not better. Because that means that at the end of this month there is 701,000 people not producing, instead of just 700,000. You know what. I've explained this already, you are just a clueless idiot.

Where did you study economics again?
    Last edited by malloc; 08-16-2010 at 11:42 AM.
    "In England a king hath little more to do than to make war and give away places; which in plain terms, is to impoverish the nation and set it together by the ears. A pretty business indeed for a man to be allowed eight hundred thousand sterling a year for, and worshipped into the bargain! Of more worth is one honest man to society and in the sight of God, than all the crowned ruffians that ever lived."
    —Thomas Paine, Common Sense

You know what the worse part of this is? You wouldn't even be trying to make this weak ass argument if a R was in the White House instead of the guy you "unapologetically knob slobber".

Go figure.
    If I'm travelling south on my bike to get some spray on wax, but the bike shop with the white rastafarian owner is actually north of my location, and I slow my bike down without turning around, am I now getting closer to the bike shop? Or am I slowly still going the wrong way? At what point am I getting closer?
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad