Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Satanicus View Post
    Are private sector jobs market heading in the right direction ?

There is a little problem with your chart; it stops at the month of May. Are you aware that June had a net loss of jobs and July had a net loss of 131,000?

See, you are dishonest, lying, little asshole
    Last edited by lacarnut; 08-16-2010 at 12:32 PM.

Yep , losing less means we are heading in the right direction.

losing more would mean we are heading in the wrong direction.

But in your twisted mind , losing more and less are both in the wrong direction

Go figure.
    Why are you ignoring my analogy?
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Why are you ignoring my analogy?
    Duuuuhhhhh.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Yep , losing less means we are heading in the right direction.

losing more would mean we are heading in the wrong direction.

But in your twisted mind , losing more and less are both in the wrong direction

Go figure.
    DUMBFUCK - losing is LOSING. Get it?
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

So if the nation sheds less and less jobs each month , you think that is the wrong direction ?
    You're still heading DOWN either way - so YES. That's the wrong fucking direction.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    You're still heading DOWN either way - so YES. That's the wrong fucking direction.
    Less is better to that moron.

Remind me of an attorney that thought he was smarter than a cop. He would not co-operate and questioned whether the infraction of not coming to a complete stop at a stop sign was valid. The cop whipped out his night stick and started beating him with it. He asked the attorney "do you want me to slow down or do you want me to stop."

So my per month income was $700 less than my expenses for 6 months = $4200 behind on billls

Better job, now my per month income is $200 less than expenses for the last 3 months = $600 behind

I am now $4800 behind on my bills and will be $5000 behind by end of next month.

While this may be an improvement in the rate of decline, I am still sinking further and further into debt without any hope of paying off the debt. How could anyone call this scenerio an improved situation?? All you have accompished is to delay bankruptcy.

The only was to begin to pay off the debt is to reduce spending or declare bankruptcy and restructure debt so that income is greater than expenses.

and... *poof*

:)

Banned
    So losing 700,000 jobs a month is the very same as losing 1000 jobs a month ?

It means there was no progress made ?
    Yes it is the same. It is like sky diving. You freefall fast and then deploy a chute. You are still dropping and have not reached bottom.

Honestly, it's hard for me to believe job numbers in general (either under Bush or Obama tbh), because at every company I've been at, we were always hiring skilled people for good pay. When the company I was working for in Australia was collapsing, I found another job that paid just as much at a better company in under a month.

So I think "jobs" is a very complex issue. Because it also has to do what jobs we are talking about. If we are talking about skilled jobs in the tech sector, there seems to always be work available. Hell, we're hiring people now. And we were hiring people before Obama took office, and hiring people through the financial collapse. We were also terminating contracts of various positions, but for reasons other than "oh shit the economy is sinking." Part of optimizing business is actively seeking positive attrition of your work force.

What interests me most - and what I haven't seen data on - is trends in terms of the kinds of jobs that we are gaining and losing, the skill level required for those jobs, and what those jobs are paying. If we lose 500,000 crap jobs at insolvent companies, and pick up 250,000 "good" jobs at growing companies I wouldn't necessarily consider that a net loss. Meanwhile, if we trade 250,000 highly skilled tech jobs and gained 500,000 jobs doing roadwork, I would consider this a net loss. I suppose I've never seen such numbers because they can be complex and open to interpretation, and politicians don't release information that "the other side" can easily spin.