Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Hollywood takes on the Left 
    A group of Hollywood Republicans, including film producer David Zucker and the actors James Woods, Kelsey Grammer, Jon Voight and Dennis Hopper, are banding together to make a movie that takes on the Left. It'll be modelled after the well-known "A Christmas Carol", though instead of being about Ebenezer Scrooge, its about Michael Malone (a parody of Michael Moore) -- an American film-maker who hates America. The storyline is as follows:

The holiday in An American Carol is not Christmas and the antagonist is not Ebenezer Scrooge. Instead, the film follows the exploits of a slovenly, anti-American filmmaker named Michael Malone, who has joined with a left-wing activist group (Moovealong.org) to ban the Fourth of July. Along the way, Malone is visited by the ghosts of three American heroes--George Washington, George S. Patton, and John F. Kennedy--who try to convince him he's got it all wrong. When terrorists from Afghanistan realize that they need to recruit more operatives to make up for the ever-diminishing supply of suicide bombers, they begin a search for just the right person to help produce a new propaganda video. "This will not be hard to find in Hollywood," says one. "They all hate America." When they settle on Malone, who is in need of work after his last film (Die You American Pigs) bombed at the box office, he unwittingly helps them with their plans to launch another attack on American soil.
    David Zucker's reason for becoming a Republican is eminently understandable:
    Zucker was still nominally a Democrat when George W. Bush was elected in 2000. "Then 9/11 happened, and I couldn't take it anymore," he says. "The response to 9/11--the right was saying this is pure evil we're facing and the left was saying how are we at fault for this? I think I'd just had enough. And I said 'I quit.'"
    Some examples of the kind of humor we'll see in this movie:
    Zucker and Friedman poked fun of the know-nothing culture of antiwar protests. During a rally at Columbia University, students chant: "Peace Now, We Don't Care How!" Some of their protest signs are ones you'd find at any antiwar rally. Some are not. "9/11 Was an Inside Job," "Kick Army Recruiters Off Campus!" "End Violence--War Is Not the Answer!" "End Disease--Medicine Is Not the Answer!" "It's Too Dark Outside, The Sun Is Not the Answer!" "Overpopulation--Gay Marriage Is the Answer!"
    In the film, a rotund comedian named Rosie O'Connell makes an appearance on The O'Reilly Factor to promote her documentary, The Truth About Radical Christians. O'Reilly shows a clip, which opens with a pair of priests walking through an airport--as seen from pre-hijacking surveillance video--before boarding the airplane. Once onboard, they storm the cockpit using crucifixes as their weapon of choice. Next the documentary looks at the growing phenomenon of nuns as suicide bombers, seeking 72 virgins in heaven. A dramatization shows two nuns, strapped with explosives, board a bus to the cries of the other passengers. "Oh, no! Not the Christians!" O'Connell's work ends with a warning about new threats and the particular menace of the "Episcopal suppository bomber."
    Zucker is plainly not worried about offending anyone. David Alan Grier plays a slave in a scene designed to show Malone what might have happened if the United States had not fought the Civil War. As Patton explains to a dumbfounded Malone that the plantation they are visiting is his own, Grier thanks the documentarian for being such a humane owner. As they leave, another slave, played by Gary Coleman, finishes polishing a car and yells "Hey, Barack!" before tossing the sponge to someone off-camera.
    Read the full two-page article about the movie here:
    http://weeklystandard.com/Content/Pu...5/385rlkfy.asp

Oh, man...that sounds awesome!
    "The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." H.P. Lovecraft in Supernatural Horror in Literature

The description sure sounds good. I hope the actors are able to keep working in Hollywood after this though.

The big Cheese
    Look at the list of people in this!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1190617/

And all the hotties :D
    One does not greet death when he knocks at your door.

Nay you repeatedly punch him in the throat as he slowly drags you away.

I'd pay money to see that :D

Wow! Something besides propaganda and crap from Hollywood?! :eek:

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. -Robert Heinlein"

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkHalo View Post
    Wow! Something besides propaganda and crap from Hollywood?! :eek:
    Oh no, it is right-wing propaganda this time, DH. :D

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    That looks great!:D Although I have still never seen Team America. People have told me that was hilarious.
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    That looks great!:D Although I have still never seen Team America. People have told me that was hilarious.
    You still haven't seen it? Your mission: Watch Team America this weekend, I expect a full report Monday.:D
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

The actor Jon Voight, who'll be playing the role of George Washington in this movie, has written a great op-ed called "My concerns for America". It's been published in the Washington Post. I know you'll appreciate it.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2008/jul/28/voight/