1. #1 Foil Wrapped Beef Brisket 
    I was going to smoke a brisket yesterday, but everyone convinced me it was going to rain all day. ( we didn't get one drop!) So I found a recipe from a Texas site for slow cooking it in the oven, it came out great and the house smelled great too!

1 untrimmed brisket 10 - 12 lbs
    1 onion sliced
    4 0r 5 cloves garlic minced
    sea salt
    fresh ground black pepper
    1/4 cup liquid smoke
    1 Tbsp whatsthishere sauce
    (optional) some dried chipotles

Here is Texas guys recipe.

To Cook the Brisket

Get a large pan. Take the brisket out of the plastic cry-o-vac and rinse it. Blot off the water, you don’t want that.

You are going to wrap the brisket in foil, so you will want to piece together a big enough sheet of foil to totally encompass the meat. It takes 2 or 3 sheets with the edges folded together.

This is how I do the meat. It is spicy. Seasoning a brisket is not rocket science so please adjust according to taste!

Now, lay the meat on the foil in the pan. Douse it with liquid smoke. Be generous, 1/4 a cup is about right, but I have been known to pour on a whole bottle. Drizzle about a tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce over it. Sprinkle with coarse sea salt. Now, hit it hard with cracked black pepper. I love black pepper so I make almost a coating on the meat.

Slice up an onion and lay it over the meat then peel and chop 3 cloves of garlic and lay it over the onion. Sprinkle on about a tablespoon of dried chipotle over the top. Seal up an the foil and allow to stand on the counter for 30 minutes while the oven is preheating.

Preheat the oven to 250. YES! 250. The key to a tender cut is slow, very slow cooking. You will cook your 10-12 lb brisket for up to 12 hours.

I took mine out after 9 hours, the temp was at 190. use a deep enuf pan because it does let out alot of liquid. This tasted as good as any bbq place!

Prep is fun

Oh, does the house smell good!!

A pile o meat!

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    I haven't had brisket in ages. That looks so yummy!
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    I haven't had brisket in ages. That looks so yummy!
    I haven't had brisket since SR came. I love it; he doesn't. But then I hate White Castles and he doesn't.

I loved eating brisket when I lived in Texas. I've never had brisket as good as my neighbor's, who had it going all day in one of those large oil barrel barbeque things.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    I haven't had brisket since SR came. I love it; he doesn't. But then I hate White Castles and he doesn't.

I loved eating brisket when I lived in Texas. I've never had brisket as good as my neighbor's, who had it going all day in one of those large oil barrel barbeque things.

You Can fit alot of brisket in the back of a hummer. ;)
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

That is the way I do my brisket only I cook it at 225 degrees probably longer than 12 hours.

Slice off those end pieces and ship 'em up here please. Thanks.

Brisket has to have the crispy crunchy outer layer or it ain't brisket. :p

Guess Broil after ya bake it could achieve that.
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.