1. #1 Candidates undergo hunger strike (Fake Drama Alert) 
    Candidates undergo hunger strike

By KASIE HUNT | 8/17/10 10:10 PM EDT

Sen. Carl Levin (D-Mich.) was probably embarrassed when a student protester shoved a pie into his face, but two California candidates might have wanted just deserts.

That's because the two congressional hopefuls have gone on hunger strike to demand a debate with Rep. Duncan Hunter (R-Calif.).

"The hunger has almost disappeared except when there's food around and TV ads and stuff. The Hometown Buffet commercial is one of the worst. They are an all-you-can-eat buffet," said Mike Benoit, the libertarian candidate in the three-way race.

The strike started with Democrat Ray Lutz, who said he got the idea from former California Rep. Jim Bates. Benoit immediately joined in. The pair are on their fifth day of a hunger strike they started at sundown on Aug. 12.

They want Hunter to join them in a series of debates beginning on Aug. 25. Hunter has agreed to debate Lutz and Benoit but not until October.

"My hope is that he holds out and doesn't expire before October because that's when we're going to debate him, and we've told him that several times," said Dave Gilliard, a spokesman for Hunter.

So far, Lutz has had a rough ride: He's missed 17 meals, lost 14 pounds, taken an enema to avoid toxic shock, talked to a doctor who recommended a salt-water purge, given up exercise and is so tired he has resorted to napping during the day.

But unlike the Irish Republicans who died of starvation after hunger strikes protesting British rule in the 1980s, Lutz will only go so far. "I don't want to die - going to a debate with Duncan Hunter is not important enough for me to die," he told POLITICO on Tuesday.
    Way to trivialize the moral high ground.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories...#ixzz0wynoeEDh

But unlike the Irish Republicans who died of starvation after hunger strikes protesting British rule in the 1980s, Lutz will only go so far. "I don't want to die - going to a debate with Duncan Hunter is not important enough for me to die," he told POLITICO on Tuesday.
    Translation: "You'd better debate me! I'm going to starve myself if you don't debate me! Well... I'll only starve myself for a little while, but you had better debate me!"

In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    thats fucking stupid. the human body can go litterally weeks if not a couple months without food. he shouldn't have had to take an enema to avoid TSS not on a fast, as long as he's drinking water, he'll be fine. If he wants the enema that a different story, but not to avoid TSS. There is something physically worng with him if he can't go a week without his body getting exhousted without food.

WTF!? Hunter is a great guy and if he did not already have my support - I'd give it to him after this crap.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Translation: "You'd better debate me! I'm going to starve myself if you don't debate me! Well... I'll only starve myself for a little while, but you had better debate me!"

In a related story, Hunter has refused to debate over 5,000 SlimFast clients, resulting in a highly successful program. :D
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

If I were Duncan Hunter I would go to places this guy was doing speaking engagements and sit in the crowd eating cheese steak and making really happy faces and totally ignoring him. :D

Hunter would eat this guy alive, shit him out, and eat him again.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by asdf2231 View Post
    If I were Duncan Hunter I would go to places this guy was doing speaking engagements and sit in the crowd eating cheese steak and making really happy faces and totally ignoring him. :D
    No, that puts him too close to his campaign events, where they could pull some sort of scam on him. Hunter needs to run Lutz's comments as a parody weight loss ad. Something like those Jenny Craig spots:

Long shot on Lutz lookalike next to blow up of fatter picture of Lutz:

Lutz character:
    Hi. I'm Ray Lutz, and I've lost 14 pounds on the Whiny Democrat diet. All it takes is missing 17 meals, taking an enema to avoid toxic shock, giving up exercise and napping during the day. I get less done on an average day than Obama does, and that's saying something. Oh, and burning calories by whining about my opponent, Duncan Hunter. He has his own reduction program, too. He wants to cut taxes, reduce government spending and eliminate significant chunks of the bloated bureaucracy in Washington while forcing government to account for what it spends. He's serious about deficit reduction. Me, I'm just on a diet.

Let's face it, on my plan, you get the enema, on Hunter's plan, Washington gets it. So, what what you rather do? Vote for a guy who has a record of cutting taxes and spending in Washington, or a guy who goes on a diet and pretends that he's serious about the problems that face America?

Duncan Hunter (Voice Over):
    If you want another congress full of Democrats trying to shove their agenda up the same place that they put the enema hose, vote for Lutz. If not, vote for me. I'm Duncan Hunter, and I approved this ad.
    --Odysseus

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    No, that puts him too close to his campaign events, where they could pull some sort of scam on him. Hunter needs to run Lutz's comments as a parody weight loss ad. Something like those Jenny Craig spots:

Long shot on Lutz lookalike next to blow up of fatter picture of Lutz:

Lutz character:
    Hi. I'm Ray Lutz, and I've lost 14 pounds on the Whiny Democrat diet. All it takes is missing 17 meals, taking an enema to avoid toxic shock, giving up exercise and napping during the day. I get less done on an average day than Obama does, and that's saying something. Oh, and burning calories by whining about my opponent, Duncan Hunter. He has his own reduction program, too. He wants to cut taxes, reduce government spending and eliminate significant chunks of the bloated bureaucracy in Washington while forcing government to account for what it spends. He's serious about deficit reduction. Me, I'm just on a diet.

Let's face it, on my plan, you get the enema, on Hunter's plan, Washington gets it. So, what what you rather do? Vote for a guy who has a record of cutting taxes and spending in Washington, or a guy who goes on a diet and pretends that he's serious about the problems that face America?

Duncan Hunter (Voice Over):
    If you want another congress full of Democrats trying to shove their agenda up the same place that they put the enema hose, vote for Lutz. If not, vote for me. I'm Duncan Hunter, and I approved this ad.

That's pretty funny. It would be far more entertaining than most political attack ads.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    That's pretty funny. It would be far more entertaining than most political attack ads.
    I learned from Saul Ailinsky and Rush Limbaugh that ridicule is a potent weapon. :D
    --Odysseus