Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    Of course the DUmmies are blaming "right-wing hate radio" for this shooting. :mad:
    Well...that's why we call em DUmmies!!! Frackin morons.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Uh, not trying to piss people off, my first thoughts about suspects actually would be either an extremist from the Republican side or an anarchist (people so liberal that they see the Dem party as a threat).

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Wounded suspect in Ark.shooting dies after chase

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) — A man who said he wanted to volunteer for the Arkansas Democratic Party barged into the chairman's office Wednesday and shot him three times, wounding him critically, police and witnesses said. The suspect died after being shot during a 30-mile chase.

"He came in and went into this office and started shooting," police Lt. Terry Hastings told reporters outside the party's headquarters near Arkansas' state Capitol building. Police said they didn't have a motive.

Party officials identified the victim as chairman Bill Gwatney, a former longtime legislator who owns three General Motors car dealerships in and around Little Rock.

"He said he was interested in volunteering, but that was obviously a lie," said Sam Higginbotham, a 17-year-old volunteer at the headquarters. He said the man pushed his way past an employee to reach Gwatney's office.

By virtue of his position, Gwatney is a superdelegate to the Democratic National Convention this month in Denver. He declared his support for Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, D-N.Y., after the Arkansas primary Feb. 5.

National Democratic Party chairman Howard Dean said the shooting was a shock.

"Our thoughts and prayers go out to Chairman Gwatney and his family and we pray for his full and speedy recovery," Dean said. "While the investigation of this shooting continues, and our primary concern remains with Bill and his family, we commend the courageous and speedy action of law enforcement officials in apprehending the suspect."

The suspect, 51, was chased into Grant County, south of the capital, and apprehended after being shot, Hastings said. Police fired at the man but it wasn't known whether he also suffered self-inflicted injuries.

Millie McLain, a reporter for the Sheridan Headlight newspaper, said the suspect's blue truck was turned sideways along Arkansas 46 northeast of Sheridan. Emergency crews were loading the man onto a Med-Flight helicopter.

Moments before the Democratic headquarters shooting, a man with a gun threatened the building manager of the Arkansas State Baptist Convention headquarters seven blocks east. It wasn't known if the incidents were related

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5j...t9YSwD92HK2A00

With the shooter dead, at this point why he did it will be speculation.
    2009 CU Pro Football Pick'em Champ

So how long before this is a Bush operation on DU

And before I get too cynical, condolences to the family of Bill Gwatney. RIP. :(

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by expat-pattaya View Post
    So how long before this is a Bush operation on DU

And before I get too cynical, condolences to the family of Bill Gwatney. RIP. :(
    It will take a while .Them DU critters read real slow .Hows the weather over there ?

Sorry! I screwed there for a minute trying to combine these threads. :o

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Sorry! I screwed there for a minute trying to combine these threads. :o
    Where did you screw?:eek:

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Where did you screw?:eek:
    Trust me, my fellow Mods can see it. :D

10. #20 See what happens when you take away our rights. 
    Now if he was a conservative and believed in our CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS TO BEAR ARMS, he may have been able to defend himself. I think lefties aughtah stand up for AMERICA and stop suppressing us.