Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Satanicus View Post
    The entire issue will be resolved soon.

It's a no brainer. It will be built , just not there.

Wait for it ..... breaking news within a months time.
    Either it's breaking news within a month's time or it's going to die within a months time. Which is it?
    nie vergessen, nie verzeihen.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hampshirebrit View Post
    Either it's breaking news within a month's time or it's going to die within a months time. Which is it?
    Both.

Breaking news that will tell you the issue has been resolved.

Both.

WWII was resolved too, but no one has forgotten Neville Chamberlain.

Just to get you up to speed, picture this guy times several million other New Yorkers and tens of millions of other voters around the country.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hm-6Uj_Eb7k

I suggest you get a hardhat for November 2nd, you're gonna need it.
    Last edited by Articulate_Ape; 08-20-2010 at 03:18 PM.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

Banned
    Both.

Obama, Bloomberg, Pisslosi and other idiot Democrats will be saddled with their stupidity for the rest of their lives for supporting the building site. You can book it.

Mayor Bloomberg can forget about getting elected to Dog Catcher in NYC.

I wonder why these guys don't care about a church being across the street from the Murrah Federal Building after a right wing christian blew it up ?

These hacks wouldn't know freedom of religion if it cracked their hard hat.
    Hey dipshit... You don't see Christians running around applauding what that lunatic did, do you? It has nothing to about freedom of religion and everything to do about about the location. You are totally spouting off talking points. I have seen your same argument all over the web.

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    I dont want to be a negitive nancy but I know some greedy builder in the long run will take the money and do the work.

I hope their crew does a substandard job. :D
    goes deeper than that Bailey. On 911 the dust was still settling and almost every fire company on the island was retreating, reeling or dying with most of their equipment crushed, disabled or burning. The Emergency Services were overwhelmed also even with what seemed like every retiree who could walk or hobble heading into the houses and gearing up.

Almost the very first outside parties to respond were the American Red Cross, elements of the New York National Gaurd and... Steel Workers.

These guys flooded into the site initially with gear that they either walked off of job sites with or "borrowed" from company stocks and they waded into the pile and spent the rest of the recovery period there cutting steel and walking beams over crevases that would have taken ES guys two hours to circumnavigate while checking for victims.

They were part of the institutional soul of what unfolded after and before long it wasn't just the high steel guys and the welders, it was crews of workers from Jersey and as far away as Connecticutt.

New Yorkers have absolutely no love for the people that attacked their island. The construction guys are gonna buck the union and if the unions push too hard they will find their leadership being shaken up.

And God (or Allah as the case may be) help anyone who comes in from out of state or trucks in workers from somewhere else.

I wonder why these guys don't care about a church being across the street from the Murrah Federal Building after a right wing christian blew it up ?

Jeepers, you really are as stupid as everyone says, aren't you.
    nie vergessen, nie verzeihen.

Why yes, hamp, yes he is.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

I'm going to violate one of my own personal rules about not attacking the speaker, but just the message.

You are an idiot.

Timothy McVey was about as much of a Christian as you are fish but you are gullible enough to believe everything you read at DU so it doesn't surprise me in the least that you operate on little actual information and then only on the information that fits in to you myopic view of the world whether that information is true of false.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by hampshirebrit View Post
    Jeepers, you really are as stupid as everyone says, aren't you.
    I seriously wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt but I realize that I was wrong. He truly is stupid. I don't believe that in the last 4 1/2 years here at CU I have called anyone stupid or an idiot. Not wilbur, not Night Owl, not CW, not anyone, but I think I have actually stumbled on someone who is so much of an moron that I don't think I'm being disrespectful in pointing out that he doesn't just say stupid things, he is stupid.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis