Thread: Presidential Race Draws Even-GOP Base Getting Behind McCain

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Eyelids
    Quote Originally Posted by marinejcksn View Post
    Lids, I'm not going to get into a pissing contest with you here. I've served my country 6 years, been to Iraq twice while you've partied in college, so please don't hesitate to thank a serviceman for providing you the security and freedom to rip bong hits at Lambda Lambda Lambda.
    Absolutely irrelevant... but thanks for the bong hits.

I wont vote for the man because he holds no credentials, has no tact, lacks vision and basically allows himself to be whored out to the masses. Barry's the Gumby of politics; he's bendable into whatever shape or form you desire. I get why he's popular...I understand the allure and yes he's an incredible speach-giver. Forgive me for thinking one must have better qualities then good public speaking skills to be the leader of this country.
    And how is that unlike every President since Carter? (reference: Jimmy was just bad at everything and had no redeeming qualities) Barack's isn't perfect, hell he probably wont be a great president but when you judge him against every since 1963 only 2 guys come close: Clinton and Bush I.

Like that pathetic guy you once knew who agreed with everything you said just to be your friend, Obama is more concerned with what other people think than with the facts of reality. As do Bill Clinton and many politicians, Obama wants to be loved more than anything. Basking in the adoration of mass crowds will be more important to him than reading tedious position papers and actually getting something done. Such a character trait promises mediocrity. The fact that he continously changes his positions in order to appeal to the most voters reflects this, and shows that he's certainly not into politics in order to stand up for any principles.

Given the kind of enemies this country has, I would prefer that the next President be a stone killer. I fear I am doomed to disappointment. I want our next President to be blood thirsty, lean, mean and a hard heart, and capable of the heroic feat of Harry Truman in 1945.

Its a pity Rudy Giuliani didn't win the Republican nomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    Absolutely irrelevant... but thanks for the bong hits.

And how is that unlike every President since Carter? (reference: Jimmy was just bad at everything and had no redeeming qualities) Barack's isn't perfect, hell he probably wont be a great president but when you judge him against every since 1963 only 2 guys come close: Clinton and Bush I.

Reagan made mistakes like Iran-Contra but he was undoubtedly the best President of the 20th century, certainly the best since Truman. I get why you like Obama, I honestly understand why people get behind him. I think most people are so fed up with how incompetant our government has become that they're looking for any sign of hope they can find and Barry Obama is great at filling this void. However once you move past his speaches to the meat of the issue on who he really is, I don't see how anyone with common sense could not see that he's not a good person. His connections are so radical, he alligns himself with criminals, liars and rascists but paints the picture that he's the "NEW" breed of politician.

Also, did you actually suggest Clinton was a great president?
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke