Thread: WHO inherited WHAT?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 WHO inherited WHAT? 
    The Washington Post babbled again today about Obama inheriting a huge deficit from Bush. Amazingly enough,...... A lot of people swallow this nonsense. So once more, a short civics lesson.

Budgets do not come from the White House. They come from Congress, and the party that controlled Congress since January 2007 is the Democratic Party. They controlled the budget process for FY 2008 and FY 2009, as well as FY 2010 and FY 2011. In that first year, they had to contend with George Bush, which caused them to compromise on spending, when Bush somewhat belatedly got tough on spending increases.

For FY 2009 though, Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid bypassed George Bush entirely, passing continuing resolutions to keep government running until Barack Obama could take office. At that time, they passed a massive omnibus spending bill to complete the FY 2009 budgets.

And where was Barack Obama during this time? He was a member of that very Congress that passed all of these massive spending bills, and he signed the omnibus bill as President to complete FY 2009.

If the Democrats inherited any deficit, it was the FY 2007 deficit, the last of the Republican budgets. That deficit was the lowest in five years, and the fourth straight decline in deficit spending. After that, Democrats in Congress took control of spending, and that includes Barack Obama, who voted for the budgets. If Obama inherited anything, he inherited it from himself.
    In a nutshell, what Obama is saying is I inherited a deficit that I voted for and then I voted to expand that deficit four-fold since January 20th.
    ...courtesy 2old4this over at Headline Zone........
    http://allenbwest.com/
    http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg
    Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Never let facts get in the way of blaming someone...

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

I thought this was about the World Health Organization when I clicked it.

Good read though. Something Satanicus will deny.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Same when they go all ga ga about Clinton having a surplus leaving out the fact that Congress had a Republican majority for most of Clinton's term.
    "Inequality is a false notion propagated by those who are made to feel guilty for what they have by those who are jealous for what they don't"-Former MTV Host Kennedy

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by marv View Post
    ...courtesy 2old4this over at Headline Zone........
    Dude , get a clue.

The President submits a budget to congress.

Congress doesn't submit a budget to the President.

And how would you explain the deficits BEFORE the Dems took congress ? ...can we call those Bush's ?

These idiots who think the president controls the budget should NOT be allowed to vote. PERIOD. People should have to pass a basic civics test to be allowed to vote. It's that simple.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Banned
    Last edited by djones520; 08-23-2010 at 11:29 AM.

No more posting till you go there and handle what has been put forth.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Banned
    http://www.conservativeunderground.c...ad.php?t=31115

You need us to hold your hand again?

Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.