Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Styelids is all about suppressing anything that shows a white person is proud of his heritage. Let's take away "black pride" from the schools and see what he does. He'll jump up and down and cry racism. Unfortunately, racism only works one way. A teacher tells the local gang banger to pull his britches up or that he can't wear his "Malcolm X: By any means necessary" T - Shirts(which is what they wore when I was in school), and that's racist and suppressing his expression of pride. A white kid wants to wear a Dixie Outfitter shirt to school, people applaud the school for not allowing racism in the school. You don't see anything wrong with that? All I want is equal rights to be equal rights and not preferential treatment.

My niece attends a private school that has always allowed the students to wear Dixie Outfitter shirts. Well, this year they have one black student in the school. Dixie Outfitter shirts are no longer allowed. That is bullshit. All that does is put more attention on the one black kid who, as far as I know, has said nothing about the shirts. I told my niece it's not his fault, that people just tiptoe around anything that could be misconstrued as racist. She know's the shirts aren't racist, her's are frickin fast pitch softball shirts (she's 13 and pitching for high school varsity this year). So, I went and bought her two of these to wear this year.

School Protest Shirts
    Dixie Outfitters supports all students who wish to show their pride in their Southern Heritage by wearing shirts to school that feature the Confederate Battle Flag.

We believe that banning of the Confederate Battle Flag by public schools is a violation of students right to freedom of speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment to the United States Constitution. Further, these unconstitutional bans discriminate against persons of Southern heritage and are an insult to those who have Confederate ancestors. Such discrimination is a violation of the Civil Rights act of 1964.

These bans perpetuate ignorance and misunderstanding about the true history of the Confederacy and the Confederate Battle Flag. It is the mandate of public schools to educate its students in true history. The Confederate Battle flag is a historical flag of the Southern soldier who fought for the principles espoused by the founding fathers of the United States. Historical facts, not politically correct positions, should be taught by our schools.

It is not the mandate of our public schools to deny its students of the fundamental freedoms enjoyed by American citizens. It is not the mandate of our schools to deny Southern students symbols of their heritage while allowing other ethnicities their symbols of heritage. Public school students who are denied their freedom to express themselves should protest this injustice.

Dixie Outfitters new series of shirts called " Public School Protest Shirts" are designed to help students who feel abused and discriminated against because of their Southern heritage. These shirts do not contain the Confederate Battle Flag, but they do effectively communicate your feelings regarding the trampling of your rights.

We encourage you to make your feelings known to your school through these shirts. We offer them at a special price of $5.00 each.

http://www.barbershopping.com/pgi-Cu...,&,158,=,DO-PC
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Holy hell where has this country gone?

I'm not saying one side of this argument is more correct than the other, I'm just saying where in the hell has the student body gone?
    Where are the mock trials? Where is the student legislation, the god damed self reliance of student council who were supposed to be teaching these kids hard earned life lessons at their age and grade. There shouldn't be oppression 'unconformity laws'! There should be litigation at the student level.
    The last thing that we need is to teach students to ligitate their lives. Where are the self-correcting forces of school thuggery? Where are the vicious gangs of minority youth? When I was in high school, standards of conduct were enforced by school bullies. Anything that made you stand out would get your ass kicked, especially anything that was calculated to offend. What a nation of whiners we have become when we cannot solve a problem this simple with a beat down.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    They'll be banning lots of our apparel because of political correctness if a few on this message board have their way. Wait till they start forcing blinky to use a belt and keep his underwear under wraps. He'll be fit to be tied.
    Expressing your ethnic pride is okay so long as your ethnicity isn't white. If a Latino kid wore a Mexican flag belt buckle, the school would be bending over backwards to accomodate him. All of this argues for a return to school uniforms with no individual accomodations. The purpose of a school is to educate in fundamental skills, not to promote cultural Balkanization.
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    As one post here vividly demonstrates, literacy skills in the south are of far more critical concern than dress codes.
    It's not like the schools in the north are any better. Between teachers' unions that have their hands in everything but the education of students, administrators that are too cowed to promote common sense and school curricula that are designed to perpetuate PC ignorance in the name of diversity, environmentalism and promotion of self-esteem, we have completely abandoned the function of public schools, which was to provide a unified curriculum that would teach critical skills in the context of a uniquely American culture. The poverty of reading, writing and math skills is matched by a complete ignorance of civics, economics and history.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    If you're in HS you play by the rules of the school or leave. He's 18, he can always drop-out (this is the South...) if he doesnt like it.
    You dumbass liberal hypocrites would never say that to or about some young feminist wearing a "choice" t-shirt.
    OPEACHMENT NOW!!!

Stinger:
    "I was... ordered to drop my pants, bend over and spread my cheeks."
    --RagingInMiami achieving the DUmp's highest level of nirvana

Quote Originally Posted by jinxmchue View Post
    You dumbass liberal hypocrites would never say that to or about some young feminist wearing a "choice" t-shirt.
    Or some gangbanger wearing an Africa shirt. By the way, the south's drop out rate is inflatedbecause of the percentage of the population that happen to be black.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

As one post here vividly demonstrates, literacy skills in the south are of far more critical concern than dress codes.

Your a bit of a snob, "ain't" cha?

Power CUer
    No, I just like people to be able to express their thoughts in basic English, and it pains me when people demonstrate that my expectations are too high. One example is when they use "your" when they should use "you're".

Yeah because literacy is so high in the inner city!
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants, it is the creed of slaves." -William Pitt

No, I just like people to be able to express their thoughts in basic English, and it pains me when people demonstrate that my expectations are too high. One example is when they use "your" when they should use "you're".
    Most people just post what they're thinking as quickly as they can. I post the same as I talk, admittedly not proper English. When you actually hear the word you're or your, you don't hear the apostraphe, so it tends to get left out. If you can't figue out what he means, then you need a refresher in reading comprehension.

Power CUer
    I post the same way that I talk, as well. Some people are pretty lax either way.

I post the same way that I talk, as well. Some people are pretty lax either way.
    As long as I get the point across. And I know that's you're pet peeve.:p