Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Tea Partiers headed to DC: watch out for unsafe areas - A Guide 
    Tea Party organizer and blogger Andrew Ian Dodge decided to write up a comprehensive guide for his fellow patriotic Real Americans on visiting their nation's capital. The Tea Party guide to Washington is filled with advice and, more than anything else, warnings about this scary mid-sized city of 600,000.
    * On scary African people: "DC's population includes refugees from every country, as the families of embassy staffs of third world countries tend to stay in DC whenever a revolution in their homeland means that anyone in their family would be in danger if they went back. Most taxi drivers and many waiters/waitresses (especially in local coffee shops like the Bread and Chocolate chain) are immigrants, frequently from east Africa or Arab countries. As a rule, African immigrants do not like for you to assume they are African Americans and especially do not like for you to guess they are from a neighboring country (e.g. Eritrea, Ethiopia, Somalia) with whom they may have political or military tensions."
    He even includes a helpful map of unsafe and safe areas in DC:

http://paintmainered.ning.com/profil...ing-to-the-828

Here is the blog, lot's of helpful advice!

"There is of course nothing wrong with many other areas; but you don't know where you are, so you should not explore them."

ok satanicus.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Let's just cross-check this with a demographics map...

lol

*sighs* Did you click the link Wei. It wasn't written by Andrew Dodge.

by Bruce Majors
    And nice way to interject your own words into that.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

my great grandmother was Cherokee. Does that make me Native American? How much blackness do you have to have to be African American. Where is the cutoff as to how to identify myself. Can you help me please.

And can you tell me why it is that the focus of race is so imporant an issue. Never once can I remember it being the subject of one of the tea parties, yet that's the first thing the left has noticed about them. Not the specific grievences....just the color.

The only racists are the ones who try the collectivist B.S. of lumping me into some catagory by some uncontrollable accident of my birth.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

woops wrong guy.

that clears it up thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    my great grandmother was Cherokee. Does that make me Native American? How much blackness do you have to have to be African American. Where is the cutoff as to how to identify myself. Can you help me please.
    race isn't a real material thing. it's a social construct, but it is still real in a symbolic sense.

And can you tell me why it is that the focus of race is so imporant an issue. Never once can I remember it being the subject of one of the tea parties, yet that's the first thing the left has noticed about them. Not the specific grievences....just the color.
    oh please. the post-racial "colorblind" perspective has been discredited all over the place. there are studies that show that people who claim to "not see race or take it into consideration" are usually most uncomfortable and have more problems interacting with members of other races.

this type of thinking is for 19 year old liberal college freshmen just out of the suburbs.

The only racists are the ones who try the collectivist B.S. of lumping me into some catagory by some uncontrollable accident of my birth.
    race is determined by culture, not so much by birth.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    He even includes a helpful map of unsafe and safe areas in DC:
    You really are an idiot. In every medium to large city in America, there are pockets of crime infested neighborhoods that you want to avoid. Prior to Katrina, New Orleans City Cops would not go into the Housing Projects at night unless they had at least 8-10 officers. Cities like Miami warns foreigners not to venture into certain areas after several German tourists were killed. Our State Dept. offers warning to Americans that travel to dangerous countries abroad.

My question to a partisan lefty like you is would you appreciate a warning of places to avoid if you were going to a strange city? Answer the question.

So you're agreeing that Somalis and Jamaicans do want to be considered African-Americans? Wow - total news flash for me. I don't know a single Somali, Ethiopian, Jamaican, or Haitian who identifies as or with African-Americans.

You're also agreeing that these people are perfectly okay with being misidentified as natives of just any old country? Really? Because in my experience people have pretty specific and reasonable expectations about being identified as natives of their own birth country.

Do you seriously think that D.C. doesn't have bad neighborhoods? Because all those congressional parasites are constantly complaining in their blogs about being mugged and carjacked. Are they lying?