1. #1 The Florida Marlins: Oy 
    If this doesn't qualify the Florida Marlins ownership as douchebags of the century, nothing will: http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_yl...nancials082410
    A look at the leak of the Marlins’ financial information to Deadspin confirmed the long-held belief that the team takes a healthy chunk of MLB-distributed money for profit. Owner Jeffrey Loria and president David Samson for years have contended the Marlins break even financially, the centerpiece fiscal argument that resulted in local governments gifting them a new stadium that will cost generations of taxpayers an estimated $2.4 billion. They said they had no money to do it alone and intimated they would have to move the team without public assistance.

In fact, documents show, the Marlins could have paid for a significant amount of the new stadium’s construction themselves and still turned an annual operating profit. Instead, they cried poor to con feckless politicians that sold out their constituents
    They should be stripped of their ownership and that ownership should be given to the city of Miami. Then Lauria and his cast of clowns should be sued until all they have left is their shit stained skivvies. It's bad enough that Lauria destroyed the Montreal Expos, now he's destroying the Marlins as well.
    Last edited by NJCardFan; 08-25-2010 at 02:48 PM.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

I've never been a fan of public money used to pay for arenas and stadiums.
    2009 CU Pro Football Pick'em Champ

Quote Originally Posted by Space Gravy View Post
    I've never been a fan of public money used to pay for arenas and stadiums.
    As long as the return on the investment gets trickled down to the taxpayers in some way, I don't mind it because in some cases building a stadium would be a boon to a city. But Lauria and company put Miami in sich debt building this thing that it's criminal.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    makes you wonder why he got approved for ownership since he ran his old team into the ground.

I'm just glad that Selig's idiot daughter no longer owns the Brewers

Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    makes you wonder why he got approved for ownership since he ran his old team into the ground.

I'm just glad that Selig's idiot daughter no longer owns the Brewers
    If you remember, Loria pulled the same scheisty shit when he owned the Expos but the city of Montreal told him where to go. So he was allowed to sell the Expos to MLB and he bought the Marlins. Now he's pulling scheisty shit with the Marlins. He should be thrown in prison.