Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Eyelids
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldwater View Post
    Or even a family at all, maybe one kid with those wages.
    Are suggesting what I think you're suggesting?

Goldwater
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    What? That people shouldn't have large families if they work low paying jobs?

Sonnabend
    Oh hey it's our resident drooling retard! Did mommy put your bib on so you dont spew too much catnip on the keyboard?
    Do you know what the number 12 represents?

My shoe size and your IQ.

Not everyone can own a business and be a beacon of capitalism. For once put down the conservation ideology text and look at something with a reasonable eye.

You are just so fucking stupid it blows my mind. You have no idea or care for the working class at all, the more wealth in this country polarizes itself the happier you get. It's really no shock that conservatism is at this stage pretty much proven to not work in these modern incarnations.

Without getting upset then, I must ask what do you propose as a solution? Should the government mandate higher minimum wages? Should they subsidize the "working class" more then what is already done?

Point blank, if you had children with a mediocre job and now cannot afford to pay your bills, you didn't plan well for the future and you should not be rewarded for idiotic behavior. No conservative would ever advocate that said individual's CHILDREN should suffer, that's why conservatives give far more to private charities, churches and shelters then their lieberal counterparts. But the parent who didn't plan ahead properly should hit a roadblock and have it INCREDIBLY hard for themselves. It's the quickest way to sharpen up and learn from your mistakes: paying for them rather then being bailed out.
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke

My guess is self control, self reliance, looking ahead, and accepting responsibility for one's own actions instead of expecting everyone else to take care one's poor choices. All of which are foreign concepts to liberals.

Without getting upset then, I must ask what do you propose as a solution?
    Like most libs, he has no response but getting upset. If he tried such an action and actually engaged in an intelligent debate, maybe, just maybe, the amount of well deserved abuse blinky gets would drop off significantly. And a big amen to the rest of your post marinejcksn. Children shouldn't have to suffer for the sins and stupidity of their parents, and private organizations (even, gasp, faith based ones :eek:) do a much better job of providing needs than any of the bloated government bureaucracies that we call social services.
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    Wrong. Anyone can own a business and anyone has the chance to be successful.
    Unless they are a brain dead, whiny, entitlement minded liberal like,,,,,,Give me a sec,,,,,,,,,,,,ummm,,,,,,,,Eyelids.

Liberals work harder at agonizing and blaming others than at fixing their own short-comings. If the fault is somebody else's, it can't be theirs. They are much like children in many ways.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    You obviously have no reading comprehension.
    But that can't be true. He already accuses others of being stupid, unsofisticated or uneducated. Afterall, he is a college student so he must be smarter than the rest of us.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Because somebody always has to work those dead-end jobs. What would happen if everyone thought they were above cleaning toilets, flipping burgers or patching roads? What would happen to our society?
    Those jobs are there for qualified people like you to work. The better qualified get better paying jobs because they are smart enough to get them. They are smart enough to know that getting the right education qualifies them for better paying jobs. They know that they can either bitch about the low pay or DO something that WORKS like getting a better job.

We have starter homes, starter cars, and starter jobs. 20 year olds don't have $250,000 mortgages or start at the top. There is a LOGICAL reason for that.
    C. S. Lewis
    Ayn Rand