Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Eyelids
    Nah McCain's more of a Neocon now than a Liberal. It's sad, I kinda liked him way back when.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    Nah McCain's more of a Neocon now than a Liberal. It's sad, I kinda liked him way back when.
    A Neocon is a liberal.

See Here:

http://alicelillieandher.blogspot.co...-prologue.html

neoconservatives are mostly disillusioned liberals.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Eyelids
    Its hard to call McCain the same kind of liberal as, say Pelosi, when he supports the war and wants to make Bush's tax cuts permanent.

Its hard to call McCain the same kind of liberal as, say Pelosi, when he supports the war and wants to make Bush's tax cuts permanent.
    That's because the modern politician is for whatever they believe will get votes. McCain wasn't talking this way 10 years ago...and he sure as hell wasn't one to beat the war drums.
    Since I've been here I've been trying to tell people that call themselves conservative that they are supporting a foreign policy that has it's roots in Liberal idealism...specifically the type that Wilson and LBJ failed at.
    Basically it's a choice between interventionists that tax and spend or interventionists that borrow and spend.
    That's why it baffles me with your man crush on Obama. You somehow believe that he is different from the rest.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

This sounds like a backdoor admission that liberals are: for higher taxes and a cut and run policy for any war that DIMS didn't get us into.

1. Are you for the USA cutting and running from Iraq?
    2. Are you for higher taxes? (More to the point, will you be for higher taxes when you actually start paying taxes)?
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Goldwater
    McCain, with the exception of spending, is very liberal/neo conservative.

Eyelids
    Yes I am for "cutting and running" from Iraq as I dont let a false sense of pride cloud my judgment. I laugh out loud every time you guys say "WE COULD'VE LEFT VIETNAM WITH HONOR IF NOT FOR DAMN LIBRALZ!"

And I do pay taxes and I think we should all pay more. If you want your war so bad (and your honor and glory), why are you so opposed to paying for it?

Yes I am for "cutting and running" from Iraq as I dont let a false sense of pride cloud my judgment. I laugh out loud every time you guys say "WE COULD'VE LEFT VIETNAM WITH HONOR IF NOT FOR DAMN LIBRALZ!"

And I do pay taxes and I think we should all pay more. If you want your war so bad (and your honor and glory), why are you so opposed to paying for it?
    We do pay for it. We just aren't interested in paying for your porky taxes. Why does that make us bad?

Eyelids
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    We do pay for it. We just aren't interested in paying for your porky taxes. Why does that make us bad?
    When you go to war you have to raise taxes. It's classic modern conservatism, love your country until you have to pay for it.

Banned

You are a lying sack of shit. You don't pay Federal Income Taxes. You stated that you were a student. I called you on your lie that you had spent the rebate check before the Feds started sending them out. We are talking about Federal Income Tax not sales tax or some other tax that you get ripped off for in Chicago.