Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    Yes I am for "cutting and running" from Iraq as I dont let a false sense of pride cloud my judgment. I laugh out loud every time you guys say "WE COULD'VE LEFT VIETNAM WITH HONOR IF NOT FOR DAMN LIBRALZ!"

And I do pay taxes and I think we should all pay more. If you want your war so bad (and your honor and glory), why are you so opposed to paying for it?
    You are for CUTTING AND RUNNING from Iraq because your Liberal brain cells have shut off the connections to your testicles.
    Hello, welcome to the United States of America.
    Please press 1 for English. If you can't please press 2 to disconnect until you learn how to speak English. Thank you.

Eyelids
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    You are a lying sack of shit. You don't pay Federal Income Taxes. You stated that you were a student. I called you on your lie that you had spent the rebate check before the Feds started sending them out. We are talking about Federal Income Tax not sales tax or some other tax that you get ripped off for in Chicago.
    I have a job that I work year round and I am taxed by the federal government. I'm actually looking at the paycheck right now and the deductions are right there.

Eyelids
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic99 View Post
    You are for CUTTING AND RUNNING from Iraq because your Liberal brain cells have shut off the connections to your testicles.
    Ladies, what do you think of men who think with their balls rather than their brains?

Sonnabend
    Ladies, what do you think of men who think with their balls rather than their brains?
    At least they HAVE them.....

Quote Originally Posted by M21 View Post
    I still cannot give him a pass. It probably says more about me than him. I assume he took a vow before God to cherish and love her in sickness and in health until death.

He broke the faith.
    Marriages end for an incredible variety of reasons. In my opinion McCain didn't leave her for her physical appearance after her accident, but once again that's merely my opinion. I can't imagine the level of Hell he endured as a POW, and the strain of being apart from his wife for so many years obviously affected them. Relationships, no matter how strong are invariably affected during prolonged separation. I've endured 2 long deployments away from my wife, and am currently on my 3rd. Every break required a while for the 2 of us to work through and they were all difficult. That's only being away from her for 7-12 months, I couldn't fathom being away from her for 5-6 years.

McCain made his choices and from what I gather he, his ex wife and current wife Cindy have put their differences aside and I think that's a great thing.

That being said, I still don't know if I can vote another RINO into office in November. Bob Barr 08. All I'm sayin.
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke

Addition to above post^^^ yes sorry ladies I said wife. I know half the board is crying already over the loss of a young Marine bachelor:p
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke

Patent Member
    Yes I am for "cutting and running" from Iraq as I dont let a false sense of pride cloud my judgment. I laugh out loud every time you guys say "WE COULD'VE LEFT VIETNAM WITH HONOR IF NOT FOR DAMN LIBRALZ!"
    Korea provides a great example of surrender versus peace. We lost on North Korea, but were able to preserve South Korea. Now look at the differences between those two countries.

Vietnam is much more like North Korea than South, but it could have been much different. But hey, keep patting yourself on the back for forcing an end to the conflict.

When the left spits on the troops, everyone knows where their true loyalties lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic99 View Post
    This is not true. You can't shut connections off to something you've never had.

I have a job that I work year round and I am taxed by the federal government. I'm actually looking at the paycheck right now and the deductions are right there.
    Yeah, but when you work at at McDonalds for minimum wages you can get it all back when you file so you're not really paying anything.

When you go to war you have to raise taxes. It's classic modern conservatism, love your country until you have to pay for it.
    No, that is false and a faulty assumption. I am for winning the war and paying for it. I am not for paying for handouts to the worthless. I'm not for generations of welfare families. I'm not for paying for bad life choices by loose women and irresponsible males.

Classic Conservative is this, pay legitimate expenses of government and not for every pet project for the sick, lame and lazy.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand