Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Eyelids
    Quote Originally Posted by marinejcksn View Post
    Seriously, you act like working a minimum wage job SHOULD be able to pay rent at a decent place....it's called MINIMUM wage for a reason. No one should aspire to work a minimum wage job....not to mention you and your liberal friends never mention the AVERAGE salary per hour for workers in America is over 15 dollars an hour. That's the Average.
    I've worked a lot of part time jobs between my HS and college years and I can tell you after 6 months I would be leapfrogging people who were in their 30's for raises. They worked really hard and did their jobs well but both UPS and Jiffy Lube (Ok, I worked a summer at Jiffy Lube on a bet) offered to pay for my college if I would come back and work for them. You guys all joke together and say I'm stupid and shit, but really I'm quite the opposite and it is you guys who look dumb posting google image pics and really bad one liners.

I lost track of myself.

Point is, people who are working while they are in school are unreliable. HS student cant work days and College students have to go to college. Plus I really couldn't give a rats ass about a shitty $14/hour waiter job so I dont think twice before road trips or concerts.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    How about people who just want to have a job that provides for them and their family? Or are they not good enough for you?
    The answer is in your question. The people who choose a job that is inadequate to make ends meet have chosen a job that does not pay well. Employers are not paying employees for their needs, they are paid for the work they perform.

If those people want a job that "supports them and their family," they need to get a jobthat pays to support them. They don't complain as though it is the government's fault they don't have a good job.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Sonnabend
    In simple terms, this is their choice.

No guts, no glory. The world does not owe them a living.

Patent Member
    How about people who just want to have a job that provides for them and their family? Or are they not good enough for you?
    In California, "families need at least $50,383 per year to pay the bills." Assuming no taxes are paid (in California, HAH!) and one working parent, a burger-flipper in California would need to make ~$25/hour in order to support a family of four.

To answer your question, no, I don't think that a single working person should be able to support a family of four by working at McDonalds. Now if he went to the bank, took out a loan, and bought a McDonald's franchise which he ran himself, then it is a different scenario altogether.

Both Jiffy Lube and UPS offered to pay your way through college?! Wow. Do they do that often for part time workers, cause I've never heard of that before. You must have really impressed them.

Eyelids
    Quote Originally Posted by Lager View Post
    Both Jiffy Lube and UPS offered to pay your way through college?! Wow. Do they do that often for part time workers, cause I've never heard of that before. You must have really impressed them.
    Uhh yeah they do... they want you to come back and work for them in management. Lucky I didn't do the Jiffy Lube thing as they have gone under.

Eyelids
    Quote Originally Posted by biccat View Post
    To answer your question, no, I don't think that a single working person should be able to support a family of four by working at McDonalds. Now if he went to the bank, took out a loan, and bought a McDonald's franchise which he ran himself, then it is a different scenario altogether.
    Not everyone can own a business and be a beacon of capitalism. For once put down the conservation ideology text and look at something with a reasonable eye.

You are just so fucking stupid it blows my mind. You have no idea or care for the working class at all, the more wealth in this country polarizes itself the happier you get. It's really no shock that conservatism is at this stage pretty much proven to not work in these modern incarnations.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Not everyone can own a business and be a beacon of capitalism.
    Wrong. Anyone can own a business and anyone has the chance to be successful.

Eyelids
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    Wrong. Anyone can own a business and anyone has the chance to be successful.
    So you think all 300 million people in America should own a business all at once?

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    So you think all 300 million people in America should own a business all at once?
    I didn't say they should, I said anyone could.

Yeah, infant children should own businesses.