Thread: Media Excuses For Edwards Border On Sick

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Eyelids
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    I didn't say they should, I said anyone could.
    So what is it? Should everybody own a business?

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    So what is it? Should everybody own a business?
    You obviously have no reading comprehension.

Quote Originally Posted by Lager View Post
    Both Jiffy Lube and UPS offered to pay your way through college?! Wow. Do they do that often for part time workers, cause I've never heard of that before. You must have really impressed them.

Evidently UPS does, at several locations offer any part time employee $3k a year, up to $15K lifetime towards college tuition. https://ups.managehr.com/EarnandLearnProgram.htm It appears to be any employee at the right location, making Blinky nothing special there. I see nothing at Jiffy Lube about tuition, maybe he is confused with technician certification.

How about people who just want to have a job that provides for them and their family? Or are they not good enough for you?
    If they are not willing to do the work necessary to provide for themselves, be it busting their butt at the pud jobs to earn raises, promotions, and references for good jobs, or busting their butts to get an education so they can be hired for a good job that provides for their needs, then no. The world only owes one what one is willt to get off their butts and work for, nothing else.

And don't feed me any lines about there not being jobs out there. I open up the classifieds and see plenty of jobs, I read the various job listing websites and see plenty of jobs, I go to the temp agencies here in town and see lists jobs available, when I was in Dodge City, every week I saw the long lines at the offices where applications were taken for the packing plants. If a person wants a job, and is willing to put the work in, even if the work sucks sour frog butt, there is work out there, just too many people think like you and want McDonalds to pay enough to live off of, instead of having to do hard work for good money or build experience to earn good money, or actually work in school to earn good money.

Finally, back to the topic, why is this affair such a huge concern to all of America? He's not running for president anymore, so the people who should be concerned are his constituents when they make the decision if they want someone with this moral character to represent them.
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

Patent Member
    Not everyone can own a business and be a beacon of capitalism. For once put down the conservation ideology text and look at something with a reasonable eye.
    You are honestly saying, with a straight face, that a family of four, with one working parent, should be supported by that parent working at McDonalds flipping burgers?

How is it unreasonable to expect people to work hard? How is it unreasonable to expect people to want to better themselves and not be satisfied with a dead end job at the bottom of the economic totem pole?

Minimum wage should be an incentive for people to get out of those types of jobs, it shouldn't be a career goal.

Eyelids
    Because somebody always has to work those dead-end jobs. What would happen if everyone thought they were above cleaning toilets, flipping burgers or patching roads? What would happen to our society?

Goldwater
    Because somebody always has to work those dead-end jobs. What would happen if everyone thought they were above cleaning toilets, flipping burgers or patching roads? What would happen to our society?
    Yes but it's unreasonable to say they can then support a large family from that.

Eyelids
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldwater View Post
    Yes but it's unreasonable to say they can then support a large family from that.
    When the fuck did I say large family?

Resident Grump
    About the same time you started making sense.

Eyelids
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    About the same time you started making sense.
    Oh hey it's our resident drooling retard! Did mommy put your bib on so you dont spew too much catnip on the keyboard?

Goldwater
    Or even a family at all, maybe one kid with those wages.