Thread: Friday thread (no fancy name)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Friday thread (no fancy name) 
    Power CUer
    A gorgeous day in Washington, only 64 degrees when I left for work this morning. It probably won't go much above 80 today.

TOTD: Whether you are/are not going to the Glenn Beck Lincoln Memorial rally tomorrow, what WOULD you attend there? What's the coolest gathering you can imagine there?
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    A gorgeous day in Washington, only 64 degrees when I left for work this morning. It probably won't go much above 80 today.

TOTD: Whether you are/are not going to the Glenn Beck Lincoln Memorial rally tomorrow, what WOULD you attend there? What's the coolest gathering you can imagine there?
    If I lived there I would probably go from a sense of duty, I like Glenn but the gushy emotionalism is more than I can take some times.
    Message wise I agree with Glenn fully.

Very nice day but in the low 90s. We should cool off shortly.

TOTD: I like Beck even though I seldom listen to him. His message is an important one on the constitution. I'd attend that rally, if I was there.

As far as the "coolest" event there.....I'm not sure any event involving thousands of people is ever really cool or comfortable to attend.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Very nice day but in the low 90s. We should cool off shortly.

TOTD: I like Beck even though I seldom listen to him. His message is an important one on the constitution. I'd attend that rally, if I was there.

As far as the "coolest" event there.....I'm not sure any event involving thousands of people is ever really cool or comfortable to attend.
    Eskimo Woodstock.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Banned
    We are having a cold wave in big B.R... low 90's today and high 80's for the next few days

TOTD: I like Beck and listen to him sometimes. I hate crowds so I would not go to the rally. I quit going to LSU football games and the New Orleans Jazz Festival years ago.

It finally stopped raining. I thought we were going to need an ark. My basil plant from Whole Foods is on its way to becoming a tree.

TOTD: I'd want to participate in almost everything. We went to the Hannity Freedom Concert in Orlando 2 weeks ago. I was impressed by their respectful treatment of the military, their fundraising for scholarships for the children of slain or 100% disabled military, and their patriotic message.

Hannity is a showman as well as patriotic. Ditto Beck. I enjoy listening to Beck, but hope he's way off in his economic forecasts. I hope they draw a huge crowd to send a message to the White House and the dims in Congress. Beck frightens them because he's bright and digs in like a pit bull. He just won't let go. He's one of my heroes.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Ditto. I guess maybe its a sign of old age creeping in, but I can't stand to even go watch a movie in a theater anymore. I do people from 8-5 because I have to, but after 5:00 I prefer to hibernate and only be around online people that I can turn on and off when I want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Kay View Post
    Ditto. I guess maybe its a sign of old age creeping in, but I can't stand to even go watch a movie in a theater anymore. I do people from 8-5 because I have to, but after 5:00 I prefer to hibernate and only be around online people that I can turn on and off when I want to.
    I turn out for my local Tea Party stuff and my 9/12 group but I'm not wild about co-mingling with my fellow humans for sheer entertainment. We go to the early matinée for movies and the off-nights for opera, music, or whatever. We go early to the county fairs. About 2 or 3 hours of crowd compression is all I can stand.

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Warm. Heat lightening going on now.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    Warm. Heat lightening going on now.
    Drinkin or just trippin?