Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18
  1. #1 October surprise? 
    Resident Grandpa marv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Shell Knob, MO
    Posts
    3,048
    Speculation is that it might have something to do with the Bush tax cuts. If so, only a one or two year extension won't mean anything.

    http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

    Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

    THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Sonora, Texas
    Posts
    4,117
    It won't mean anything. The Dems have been demonizing the Bush Tax Cuts since their inception. No one is going to buy that all of a sudden the Dems believe they are a good thing.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Power CUer NJCardFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    16,630
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    It won't mean anything. The Dems have been demonizing the Bush Tax Cuts since their inception. No one is going to buy that all of a sudden the Dems believe they are a good thing.
    You forget my good man that the Democrats believe us plebes to be uneducated pablum lapping dolts. Just look at how they're taking all the credit for our successes in Iraq.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    433
    It will just mean that Bush and the Republican Congress that passed it were right
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11,970
    Hundreds of billions of dollars still remain unspent of the stimulus money. So, I would not be surprised to see Helicopter Ben and Geithner, the tax cheat, propose a $1,000 bribe to all taxpayers either in this election cycle or right before the 012 election. Obummer is trying to figure out how the remaining amount can be best put to their political advantage.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Resident Grandpa marv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Shell Knob, MO
    Posts
    3,048
    Quote Originally Posted by rjas77 View Post
    It will just mean that Bush and the Republican Congress that passed it were right
    The only thing President FUBAR can do relative to the Bush tax cuts is to refuse to extend them. Otherwise, he's admitting that his economic policy was wrong from the start - and President FUBAR never makes misteaks.

    http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

    Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

    THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11,970
    Quote Originally Posted by marv View Post
    The only thing President FUBAR can do relative to the Bush tax cuts is to refuse to extend them. Otherwise, he's admitting that his economic policy was wrong from the start - and President FUBAR never makes misteaks.
    I am sure that a number of October surprises are coming our way. Obama might bomb a milk factory in Iran Seriously, the Democrats know they are deep shit, and they will do everything to keep their precious jobs.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    CU's Tallest Midget! PoliCon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA
    Posts
    25,328
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    I am sure that a number of October surprises are coming our way. Obama might bomb a milk factory in Iran Seriously, the Democrats know they are deep shit, and they will do everything to keep their precious jobs.
    I doubt he'll bomb anything as it would dispirit his base.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    Senior Member Arroyo_Doble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Ft Worth
    Posts
    3,788
    Quote Originally Posted by marv View Post
    Speculation is that it might have something to do with the Bush tax cuts. If so, only a one or two year extension won't mean anything.
    The extention of the tax cuts enacted in the 2001 Reconciliation Act (and accelerated in the 2003 Reconciliation Act) for those making under a certain amount should not come as a surprise except for it being a surprise he can get it past the Senate.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,301
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    You forget my good man that the Democrats believe us plebes to be uneducated pablum lapping dolts. Just look at how they're taking all the credit for our successes in Iraq.
    But THEIR base voters BELIEVE them!
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •