Thread: Australia wins stunning 4x200m freestyle relay at Beijing Olympics

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1 Australia wins stunning 4x200m freestyle relay at Beijing Olympics 
    Resident Grump
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    7,767
    http://www.foxsports.com.au/beijing_...014107,00.html

    AUSTRALIA has won a stunning gold medal in the women's 4x200m freestyle relay, smashing the world record in the process.

    The team of Stephanie Rice, Bronte Barratt, Kylie Palmer and Linda MacKenzie were thought to be a medal chance, but magnificent tactics by head coach Alan Thompson paved the way to victory.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    5,455
    Boooo! Hiss!!!:D


    Congrats to them.
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    gator
    Guest
    Not too bad for a Socialist country. The government may restrict significant freedoms in Australia but at least they allow the people to go swimming.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Eyelids
    Guest
    This is not newsworthy at all.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    This is not newsworthy at all.
    I have almost zero interest in the Olympics but even I understand that this is newsworthy. How can you seriously assert that the competition isn't "newsworthy" when China has spent an enormous amount of money on these games and is using the venue to showcase itself to the world? How is it not "newsworthy" when a huge number of global viewers are following the competition?

    In what way is this not "newsworthy"? Seriously, I'd like you to explain this.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Eyelids
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    I have almost zero interest in the Olympics but even I understand that this is newsworthy. How can you seriously assert that the competition isn't "newsworthy" when China has spent an enormous amount of money on these games and is using the venue to showcase itself to the world? How is it not "newsworthy" when a huge number of global viewers are following the competition?

    In what way is this not "newsworthy"? Seriously, I'd like you to explain this.
    How many gold medals are issued during the Olympics?

    Maybe the 100 meter dash and Phelp's chase are worth devoting an entire thread to, but I mean come on...
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Senior Member Zeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tiny Redneck town in Texas
    Posts
    2,054
    Overall Medal Standings

    The Aussies are tied with Korea for 3rd place in the medal count. The USA is 2nd and the Host China has a substantial lead for 1st.

    Edit: Correction China has a substantial lead in the Gold medal count not overall medal count.
    Last edited by Zeus; 08-14-2008 at 09:46 PM.
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

    It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    5,455
    Our girl just unexpectedly beat your girl, Sonna.:p
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    Maybe the 100 meter dash and Phelp's chase are worth devoting an entire thread to, but I mean come on...
    Uh,... did you notice you posted in Sports? Oddly, news of sports is considered newsworthy in Sports. It's crazy but that's just the way they do it here.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    Senior Member Ree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Nashnille
    Posts
    977
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    How many gold medals are issued during the Olympics?

    Maybe the 100 meter dash and Phelp's chase are worth devoting an entire thread to, but I mean come on...
    You had to have been dropped on your head many times as a child...
    Say what ya mean and get to the point quick....I don't have the attention span to listen to bullshit...

    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •