Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 I encountered a Muslim woman in my local supermarket this morning. 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    As I said...a Bumper Crop of Bouncies today!!!!

11 Bravo (1000+ posts) Fri Aug-27-10 04:04 PM
    Original message I encountered a Muslim woman in my local supermarket this morning.

Edited on Fri Aug-27-10 04:09 PM by 11 Bravo
    She was wearing a burka, fully veiled. No one was openly harassing her, but people were just avoiding her, while snickering behind her back. No one would look at her, and when she sought help from a stock boy, he acted as if she were invisible. I had no idea what to do, so I summoned up the sole bit of Arabic I know, approached her, and said, "As-Salaam-Alaikum" (Peace be unto you). All I could see were her eyes, but at that moment those eyes conveyed more genuine emotion than Glenn Beck at his weepy worst. I thought for a moment she was going to hug me. Of course, she did not, but she responded with the traditional "Alaikum salaam". At that point all I could do was shrug and tell her, "That's all I know". She simply nodded her head and said, "Thank you."
    The entire encounter took maybe 30 seconds, but I can't stop thinking about it. Those lying mother-fuckers - Beck, Palin, Limbaugh, and the entire FoxNoise crew, can sputter to their heart's content that their rhetoric is not "anti-Islam", but this woman would probably beg to disagree, and she is bearing the brunt of their hate.

Raven (1000+ posts) Fri Aug-27-10 04:07 PM
    Response to Original message

2. Every little act of kindness and welcoming helps a great deal. Thank you for making a difference for all of us today
    Good God Mrs. Pitt, are you really that gullible???
    May the FORCE be with you!

If the culture of her homeland is so fucking wonderful that she has to drag all of it's 7th century brilliance here with her - why the fuck didn't they stay in that medieval backwater in the first place??
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

How typical of the left: assume that any woman wearing an oppressive Muslim outfit in an American supermarket is an illiterate drudge. No one was harassing her because no one cares what she wears outside a court of law or nursing setting. I can't get help half the time in stores, so this is not Muslim-specific. Plenty of well educated women wear Muslim clothing to demonstrate their devotion to Islam; it's not a helplessness marker. Most Muslims don't even speak Arabic outside of a few stock phrases anyway.

If she really wanted to help, she should have asked the woman in plain English if she needed help.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    How typical of the left: assume that any woman wearing an oppressive Muslim outfit in an American supermarket is an illiterate drudge. No one was harassing her because no one cares what she wears outside a court of law or nursing setting. I can't get help half the time in stores, so this is not Muslim-specific. Plenty of well educated women wear Muslim clothing to demonstrate their devotion to Islam; it's not a helplessness marker. Most Muslims don't even speak Arabic outside of a few stock phrases anyway.

If she really wanted to help, she should have asked the woman in plain English if she needed help.
    11 Bravo is a chick?
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    11 Bravo is a chick?
    Does it matter? :D

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Does it matter? :D
    Not really...:p
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Uh Oh:

diz raley (1 posts) Fri Aug-27-10 07:41 PM
    Response to Original message

48. Help me out here...as a senior gay man, why should I respect a religion that wants to kill me
    for being myself and that relegates women to ...4th class citizens? It's not as if christians are a lot better but I see a lot of support for Islamists here and given their positions on both women and gays, I can't imagine why any decent person would accord them the tiniest bit of respect. They want to kill me, I say fuck them.
    Okay, which of you guys wrote this?

I wonder if she asked the beautiful woman in Muslim garb if she'd had her obligatory clitorectomy?

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    11 Bravo is a chick?
    Better be. Islamic women are not allowed to interact with strange men. That poor woman will prolly suffer an honour killing if 11 Bravo is a man.
    Last edited by PoliCon; 08-27-2010 at 08:16 PM.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    Better be. Islamic women are not allowed to interact with strange me. That poor woman will prolly suffer an honour killing if 11 Bravo is a man.
    There aren't many who are allowed to interact with the normal you either...:eek:

'cept maybe japanese midgets....:p
    Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot