Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Obamas Depleting U.S. Lobster Supply 
    y Keith Koffler on August 25, 2010, 2:56 pm

So how much lobster are you having during these precarious economic times? What? You’ve had to cut back? No longer ordering it stuffed with crab meat, at least?

Well, if you happen to be the President of the United States or the First Lady, your lobster consumption is continuing at a robust pace.

Yes, the economy is still getting battered. And Tuesday night, so was President Obama’s lobster.

According to ABC’s Jake Tapper, the president savored some lobster tempura at the trendy State Road Restaurant in West Tisbury on Martha’s Vineyard. Oh, just the thought of it. If he brings some back to the White House for me, I’ll write whatever he wants.

Monday night at The Sweet Life Cafe in Oak Bluffs on the Vineyard it was the lobster pasta appetizer for the president and a surf and turf entrée – the “surf” being a lobster tail – for Mrs. Obama.

And what would the vacation to Maine in July have been without a taste of everyone’s favorite crustacean. The president did it in a little less genteel fashion that time, heading over to something called Stewman’s Downtown restaurant where he was served the “Lobster Experience” dinner – just regular lobster, corn and slaw.

But the Obamas’ lobster experience is not confined to these shores. Michelle Obama was barely off the plane during her voyage early this month to the Spanish Riviera when, according to the Spanish press, she dived into a feast of sea bass tartare, strawberry gazpacho and sardines, and a main course of lobster with seaweed risotto.

Michelle enjoyed the repast so much that she was right back at it on August 14 during the Obamas’ two-day Panama City, Fla photo-op vacation. There, at the Firefly restaurant, it was more lobster for Michelle.

The Obamas were supposed to be showing support for the good people of the oil spill-stricken Gulf, eating their seafood and so forth. So the big question is, was it a Caribbean lobster or one shipped down from Maine?

And who knows what lobster delicacies the White House chef is whipping up for them in between vacations?

No wonder the Russians just started fueling the Iranian nuclear reactor at Bushehr. When President Medvedev was here, Obama took him for burgers.

http://www.whitehousedossier.com/201...obster-supply/
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Ha!

Great story.

Last time I ate Lobster was during Lobsterfest at Red Lobster....and that's only because my mom and dad took my girlfriend and I out for our anniversary and wouldn't let us pay.....AND dad insisted I get lobster.

It still cost 22.95. AND it was still delicious. I appreciate it as a special treat I can afford (or dad can ;)) maybe once a year...............NOT ALL THE TIME LIKE THIS ASSHOLE!

I gotta be honest here...I fuc&ing hate Obama. I can't stand this narcissist asshole. I hope he fails. I pray for his life every day. But his attitude is a giant Fuc& You to average Americans and I've had it.
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke

Lobster Liberal?

Let them eat cake.......

Quote Originally Posted by Mau10man View Post
    Let them eat cake.......
    Not unless another American pays for us to eat Lobster....
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke

Libs are used to getting the most expensive item on the menu as long as someone else is buying.

Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    Libs are used to getting the most expensive item on the menu as long as someone else is buying.
    I was always taught to let who was ever paying order first and then you use that as your limit.

Banned
    Poli:

Seriously, did you take over for that psychotic megamoo?

You guys finally sent someone around to his house and what happened..??:eek:

Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post