Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Greatest Bouncy of all time. 
    BlueFireAnt (64 posts) Thu Aug-14-08 12:10 PM
    Original message
    How I became an Obama Supporter.
    Advertisements [?]This happened a few months ago. I was already becoming apolitical as I was fed up with all the corruption from the republicans. Then this happened.

So, I'm taking a walk home from a costume party this past weekend. Me and my buddies went as the Village People. I was the cop. On my way back home I hear two men talking on the other side of the bushes. Being the nosey bastard I am, I kneel down behind the bushes to listen. Apparently, I have walked up on a pretty heated political debate. See, this guy in the neighborhood has the old GA state flag hanging on his porch. This is not uncommon in good old Turner County. A fellow from up north just happened to be riding by and noticed the flag. The homeowner was in the yard, so the passerby decided to stop and discuss a few things with the homeowner. At least that's what I gathered from the part of the conversation I heard.

This is where I picked up. The passerby was asking the homeowner if he had a problem with black people. The homeowner said no and wanted to know why he asked. Of course this is where the flag issue came up. The homeowner told the passerby that he had the flag up before GA changed the flag and since Gov. Roy Barnes didn't let the people vote on it, he still recognized it as his state flag. The passerby then asked if the homeowner supported Barrack Obama for president. The homeowner said, "You mean Hussein Obama?". The passerby said, "This is exactly what I'm talking about. You small town southerners fly your rebel flags and refuse to support Obama because of his skiin color. This is what is wrong with America today."

The homeowner said that his views on the flag and Obama have nothing to do with race and that the Hussein reference was just to get a rise from the passerby. he went on to explain that he doesn't support Obama because of his political differences. The passerby said all of the was bullshit and he can't expect any better from illiterate white trash.

I had heard enough. I jumped out of the bushes and asked the passerby just who in the hell did the think he was. He came into this man's yard and started an argument over a flag. He asked if it was normal for there to be cops in the bushes down here. I laughed and explained that I was not a cop. We all got a big laugh out of the look on his face when I jumped out. He took it in stride. He actually had a good sense of humor.

We all sat down on the homeowner's porch and had a cup of hot tea that the passerby made for us. He explained the hardships that blacks still have to this day because of what that flag represented. I had never took the time to actually research the facts of the Confederacy or the Civil War. I always just relied on the opinions of my father who is an admitted racist. It was like the world just became brighter that night. My eyes were opened or the first time. We were all in tears after hearing of the suffering of blakc people throughout history. I couldn't believe that my ancestors went in to Africa and stole those people from their native land. I has always been taught that other blacks sold the members of a conquered tribe as slaves. I should have known better. No black people would ever do that to their own people. They were all peaceful people until my evil ancestors taught them violence.

On the verge of an emotional breakdown, I sobbingly asked what could I do help the cause. The passerby told me that there is one thing I can do to at least start repairing the damage my people have done to blacks in the past. We have to look to the future while never forgetting to be guilty about the past. I told him I would pay any amount of money or donate any amount of time. He told me that it wouldn't be that hard.

So the homeowner and myself will be pulling that lever for black people everywhere come Nov 4th. Please vote for Obama.

And the rest is history.
    Some are skeptical.......

gaspee (1000+ posts) Thu Aug-14-08 12:14 PM
    Response to Original message
    1. Hmmm
    Your satire isn't very sophisticated.

Printer Friendly | Permalink | Reply | Top
    LWolf (1000+ posts) Thu Aug-14-08 12:16 PM
    2. What an interesting story.
    It reads like fiction with a really improbable plot.

Funny when the same story is told from the passerby's point of view, it is in fact a true story.

then there's the attaboy...
    Love Bug (1000+ posts) Thu Aug-14-08 12:17 PM
    3. Well, you were a passerby, too,
    but good for you for diffusing what could have gotten ugly. It sounds like the three of you had a good discussion that was needed. Symbols do matter and people need to understand what things really mean and shouldn't just go by tradition or because "we've always done it that way."
    http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=389x3796574
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

10 bongs!!
    It has everything. Cops, bushes, its better than the original bouncy! The passerby even made tea!!!

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Excellent, well done !! :D

It begins with "so", so at least some of the suckers were bound to fall for it.

So,
    ...that is as far I got before I burst out laughing. :)

Eyelids
    This guy cant be serious...

Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    This guy cant be serious...
    Why not, perhaps he just needed a little big city educating.:D
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by hampshirebrit View Post
    Excellent, well done !! :D

It begins with "so", so at least some of the suckers were bound to fall for it.
    I have so much to learn about writing a bouncy!:(

edwardsguy (894 posts) Thu Aug-14-08 03:17 PM
    12. ROFLMAO
    You godda be fuggin' kiddin me....right...

"We have to look to the future while never forgetting to be guilty about the past.

I don't feel guilty about shit my friend (I mean of course...troll)

Someone actually caught it.:o

RainDog (1000+ posts) Thu Aug-14-08 02:54 PM
    10. Are you a troll?
    this is the stupidest post I've ever read from someone who claims to be a democrat.

as history shows, yes, various black tribes sold their enemies into slavery, just as various tribal leaders in Afghanistan gave false information about their rivals who ended up in Gitmo getting tortured for being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Anyone who is not a total dolt knows that human misery doesn't have a color and that events of the past were not simply "black or white."

However, I do agree with the passerby who noted that Georgia and other southern states are full of a crass bunch of racists assholes and this nation would be better off if they would just stay home and fuck their sisters, like always.

but obviously that's not what's happening.

Hey, news flash. The south lost. You got off easy during Reconstruction. IMO, the south should have had its ass nailed to the wall. If so, we wouldn't have to deal with so many assholes today.

WOW!?!?!?!?!

Too damn funny. A tip of the hat to the author!

WesDem (1000+ posts) Thu Aug-14-08 03:25 PM
    13. Locking
    Thanks, anyway.
    Lasted over 3 hours, and no tombstone. I dare say next time BlueFireAnt posts, I, uh, he will find out his posting privalege revoked. I doubt he posts anything else for a while.;)