Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Dutch police question men over 'suspicious' transatlantic luggage 
    Two men who arrived at Amsterdam airport from Chicago were today being questioned by Dutch police after the US authorities found "suspicious items" in their luggage.

A mobile phone strapped to a bottle of Pepto-Bismol, several mobile phones strapped together and a number of watches taped together were found in the men's checked luggage yesterday morning, along with a knife and a boxcutter, US officials said.

Amy Kudwa, a spokeswoman for the US department of homeland security, said the items found "were not deemed to be dangerous in and of themselves". ... http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010...-transatlantic

I want to know how they made it to amesterdam with that stuff if us officials knew about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jfor View Post
    I want to know how they made it to amesterdam with that stuff if us officials knew about it.

I'm hoping they allowed them to go in order to track them. Hoping.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
    I'm hoping they allowed them to go in order to track them. Hoping.
    I am hoping that the two muzzies get the shit beat out of them, and that the idiot at Homeland Security gets fired for her stupid statement that the knife and box-cutter in themselves was not a threat. WTF

Thanks to these scumbags and their ilk, pretty soon when you fly, you're only going to be allowed to fly with just you, you're body and whatever clothes you are wearing while all baggage is going to have to be shipped separately.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Power CUer
    I'm flying iinternationally soon, so this gets my attention. Originally it was going to be through Amsterdam, but it ended up being a different connection.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

I'm guessing this was a probing run that went wrong. Hopefully the authorities will try to find ways to charge and imprison the two...let's see where they're from ... Yemenis, well colour me shocked.

The great religion of Islam has certainly made flying anywhere a total pain in the ass these days.
    nie vergessen, nie verzeihen.

Banned
    Why didn't the FBI or the CIA tail them to see what they were up to? Probably a dry run or it could be the idiots in the WH jumped the gun.

Although DHS is dismissing this event, it shows some real problems.

What was learned,

You can get box cutters onboard in checked baggage.
    You can get a wired bombs in checked baggage.

Miss your connecting flight and your bags will travel without you.

Latest AP reports again dismisses the event because the 2 in question did not even know eachother. This is less than a calming development. This tells me that their coordination is such that they can coordinate the activation and placement of 2 operatives without the operatives being aware of each others plans.

seems to me like a dry run for a bombing.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.