Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nubs View Post
    Although DHS is dismissing this event, it shows some real problems.

What was learned,

You can get box cutters onboard in checked baggage.
    You can get a wired bombs in checked baggage.

Miss your connecting flight and your bags will travel without you.

Latest AP reports again dismisses the event because the 2 in question did not even know eachother. This is less than a calming development. This tells me that their coordination is such that they can coordinate the activation and placement of 2 operatives without the operatives being aware of each others plans.
    Looks like we have some mental giants working at DHS. Wait, that where Nappy head is the chief honcho.

Hmm, some don't think anything of it. So, what they're saying is that it's completely normal to strap watches and cell phones to Pepto Bismol bottles?
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Hmm, some don't think anything of it. So, what they're saying is that it's completely normal to strap watches and cell phones to Pepto Bismol bottles?
    The radiation from the cell phones makes the pepto ferment. it's a poor man's singapore sling. :D

Although DHS is dismissing this event, it shows some real problems.

What was learned,

You can get a wired bombs in checked baggage.

Miss your connecting flight and your bags will travel without you.

Latest AP reports again dismisses the event because the 2 in question did not even know eachother. This is less than a calming development. This tells me that their coordination is such that they can coordinate the activation and placement of 2 operatives without the operatives being aware of each others plans.
    You nailed it. The lack of direct connection clearly points to two separate attempts, coordinated through a third party. That means that discreet cells can operate independently through a handler. That makes them harder to track while expanded the lethality of combined operations. Anyone who thinks that the lack of direct contact between the two is a good thing needs a refresher course in terrorism 101.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    You nailed it. The lack of direct connection clearly points to two separate attempts, coordinated through a third party. That means that discreet cells can operate independently through a handler. That makes them harder to track while expanded the lethality of combined operations. Anyone who thinks that the lack of direct contact between the two is a good thing needs a refresher course in terrorism 101.
    I doubt Nappy head and the Magic Negro think this was a dry run, and that it was a co-ordinated event.

I would also note that ANFO, ammonium nitrate fuel oil, can have the appearance in both consistency and color to Pepto. So next time, a possible ied will be dismissed as just "a cell phone and pepto taped together". We have seen this before, it is common to have muslims heading to Yemin to have cell phones taped to bottles of pepto, must be some sort of Yemeni cultural heritage.

Now all they need to complete the ied is replacing the pepto with ANFO and a detonator wired to the cell phone.

DHS will now have to focus on finding a detonator rather than the larger cell phone/pepto/tapeball carrired by muslim men on their way to Yemin.

When I travel I check my toiletries and other essentials... nail clippers, scissors, tweezers, travel clock, batteries, and such. If I couldn't check them... that would be pretty inconvenient.

See the thing is - these guys were clearly muslims so subjecting them to screenings would be racist and would be profiling. Now - if they had been white grandmothers - they would have been subjected to strip and full cavity searches . . . .
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.