Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Fast and Furious: Hurricane Earl Takes Aim at East Coast 
    Fast and Furious: Hurricane Earl Takes Aim at East Coast
    Residents Brace for the Worst Hurricane to Hit the Area in Almost 20 Years

By LEEZEL TANGLAO
    Aug. 31, 2010

Hurricane Earl is on a collision course with the East Coast and Americans from the Carolinas to Cape Cod are bracing for the worst hurricane to hit the area in almost 20 years.

The storm, now a powerful category 4, could hit them late Thursday and prompt evacuations.

While East Coast residents could feel Earl's wrath within 48 hours, the hurricane has already torn through the Caribbean with winds up to 135 miles per hour.
    ABC

I heard if it hits the coast it could hug it from Nagshead, NC all the way up to N.E.

Nagshead got tore up pretty good in 2003 from Isabel.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

3. #3 Go 
    Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    I heard if it hits the coast it could hug it from Nagshead, NC all the way up to N.E.

Nagshead got tore up pretty good in 2003 from Isabel.
    Yes we did. There were places in Kitty Hawk where Isabel came ashore and when she left, she took the beach road with her.
    ________
    BIG DICK LATINO
    Last edited by obx; 03-21-2011 at 06:31 PM.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by obx View Post
    Yes we did. There were places in Kitty Hawk where Isabel came ashore and when she left, she took the beach road with her.
    ... along with a lot of those little old beach houses on stilts that had been there since dinosaurs roamed the earth.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Banned
    Hurricanes are fun. You get to go to Homodepot, fill up the car with gas, go grocery shopping, get a few hundred bucks out of the ATM machine and then wait to see if it comes your way. If it does, the power goes out for a week, you are sweating your ass off in the 90 plus degree heat. Trying to sleep sweating buckshot is an experience also. Food stays cool in the freezer for 4 days then you gotta start cooking it on the BQ pit. However, look at the bright side. You get to meet and chat with your neighbors while walking around surveying the damages of trees crossing streets and on roof tops. After a few days, the Vietnamese and Muzzie store opens where you can buy can goods and crackers. Since there is no power the little V. & M. follows you around in the dark with a flashlight. No cash, no tickee. Debit and credit cards no workee. I just can not wait for this time of year. You know, the fun!

I agree, it can be an exciting experience....kinda like our tornadoes. And the upside of this is it might take the WH and the Capitol with it! :D

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Good old Arizona. No hurricanes, earthquakes, tornadoes or tsunamis. Just the occasional dust storm or thunderstorm. Worst case scenario, I forget to roll up the windows in the truck and it rains.
    "In England a king hath little more to do than to make war and give away places; which in plain terms, is to impoverish the nation and set it together by the ears. A pretty business indeed for a man to be allowed eight hundred thousand sterling a year for, and worshipped into the bargain! Of more worth is one honest man to society and in the sight of God, than all the crowned ruffians that ever lived."
    —Thomas Paine, Common Sense

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    My Aunt & Uncle live on Staten Island and I was talking to him tonight. He said the hurricane is all over the news and is even drowning out the muzzie story. :D
    May the FORCE be with you!

In Colorado, it's snow storms or tornadoes. Tornadoes are pretty awful, of course, but snow storms not so much - for me.

I don't feel the need to stock up on toilet paper and milk. I can sort of work from home, if I have to. Push comes to shove and I can ski to the store. And I have. :D

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Earl is back up to CAT 4. Man, this is gonna blow the holiday weekend out of the water for the East Coasters.
    May the FORCE be with you!