Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ConHunter View Post
    The National day of prayer violates the Seperation of Church and State.
    Where in USC is that law that says individual politicians can't participate in a Christian function while in office again? As a matter of fact, where in the Constitution or the USC is a separation of Church and State required? Amendment I states that Congress cannot pass a law which compels the population to conform to any specific religion, but no where does it say that they can't be religious themselves, or they can propose and vote on legislation based on their personal religious beliefs.

You are a whole new kind of idiot aren't you? You've got to be blarch's sock puppet. They don't make them much dumber than him, and you are certainly following his stupidity and M.O. to a T.
    Last edited by malloc; 08-31-2010 at 09:35 PM.
    "In England a king hath little more to do than to make war and give away places; which in plain terms, is to impoverish the nation and set it together by the ears. A pretty business indeed for a man to be allowed eight hundred thousand sterling a year for, and worshipped into the bargain! Of more worth is one honest man to society and in the sight of God, than all the crowned ruffians that ever lived."
    —Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Quote Originally Posted by malloc View Post
    Where in USC is that law that says individual politicians can't participate in a Christian function while in office again? As a matter of fact, where in the Constitution or the USC is a separation of Church and State required? Amendment I states that Congress cannot pass a law which compels the population to conform to any specific religion, but no where does it say that they can't be religious themselves, or they can propose and vote on legislation based on their personal religious beliefs.

You are a whole new kind of idiot aren't you? You've got to be blarch's sock puppet. They don't make them much dumber than him, and you are certainly following his stupidity and M.O. to a T.
    So I'm an idiot because I don't support the National day of prayer? Read this article:
    http://www.au.org/media/press-releas...ral-court.html

So I'm an idiot because I don't support the National day of prayer?
    No you are an idiot because of all the stupid shit you say. In this particular instance you stated that a politician who participates in a national day of prayer is violating the separation of church and state.

So a federal court struck down a codified day of prayer? What the hell bit of difference does that make in any politicians personal choice to participate or not?
    "In England a king hath little more to do than to make war and give away places; which in plain terms, is to impoverish the nation and set it together by the ears. A pretty business indeed for a man to be allowed eight hundred thousand sterling a year for, and worshipped into the bargain! Of more worth is one honest man to society and in the sight of God, than all the crowned ruffians that ever lived."

What seperation of church and state?
    "What this country needs are more unemployed politicians."
    -Edward Langley

"Liberals are the type of people who go on safari and wonder why they can't get out and pet the lions..."- warpig

Quote Originally Posted by malloc View Post
    No you are an idiot because of all the stupid shit you say. In this particular instance you stated that a politician who participates in a national day of prayer is violating the separation of church and state.

So a federal court struck down a codified day of prayer? What the hell bit of difference does that make in any politicians personal choice to participate or not?
    No difference what so ever. They just don't have a right to make other people participate. Why did the National day of prayer need to be signed in to law?

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar

Can you tell me where this phrase occurs in our Constitution?? If you can find it (or if you can't) Please explain to me why Jefferson funded CHRISTIAN missionaries with federal funds?

You would THINK that if the intent of the 1st Amendment was to really separate Church and State, that this would have been a no-go.

While you are at it, could you also explain to me why most states had religious REQUIREMENTS in order for anyone to hold public office. That SURELY would have violated that basic tenet - yet at the time of the Constitution's passing - no one batted an eye!
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.

No difference what so ever. They just don't have a right to make other people participate. Why did the National day of prayer need to be signed in to law?
    We are discussing Obama's participation in the national day of prayer. As for the tangent you went off on: I agree, that it doesn't need to be a law, and this bill that was signed did not coerce anyone to participate, it simply offered encouragement to participate.

and celebrating ramadan doesn't??
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Speaking View Post
    Can you tell me where this phrase occurs in our Constitution?? If you can find it (or if you can't) Please explain to me why Jefferson funded CHRISTIAN missionaries with federal funds?

You would THINK that if the intent of the 1st Amendment was to really separate Church and State, that this would have been a no-go.

While you are at it, could you also explain to me why most states had religious REQUIREMENTS in order for anyone to hold public office. That SURELY would have violated that basic tenet - yet at the time of the Constitution's passing - no one batted an eye!
    I would like to know if this troll has to answer the questions put to him before he can post more crap?

Billo the Clown, KKKlannity, Drug-Ridden Scumbag Limbaugh, Mentally Ill Beck, Malkin, Bush, Cheney, McInsane, Rove, Palin, and Bachmann are modern day Nazis.

Conservative media is propaganda to the fullest!
    Wow!