Thread: Righthaven Blocker
Results 11 to 20 of 26
09-02-2010, 01:49 PM
Here are site blocking instructions for the folks using a real Internet Explorer
- Open your browser tools. Once you have opened Internet Explorer, click on the "Tools" tab and then on the "Internet Options" tab.
Enable the Content Advisor. Once the "Internet Options" tab is opened, click on the word "Content" and then click "Enable" found under the title "Content Advisor."
Disable the website. From the "Content Advisor" click on the "Approved Sites" tab and enter the URL of the website you wish to block. Click the "Never" tab and submit the change by adding a password you will be able to remember easily.
Last edited by Zeus; 09-02-2010 at 01:53 PM.The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.
It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.
Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.
Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!
01-12-2011, 02:14 PM
At least one of the publications in that list is being sued by a very rich person for being misquoted and printing some bullshit about him. Karma sucks... The publication caused harm to his business....and suggested things that were not true. Like that he abused his children.
01-14-2011, 03:18 PM
- Join Date
- May 2008
I can't figure out how to import the list.
01-14-2011, 04:07 PM
Personally, I wouldn't rely on a browser to block sites. If you are using Windows, your other option is to do the following:
1. Go to C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\hosts
2. Right click on it and de-select "Read Only" under the General tab, click Apply, and close the window.
3. Run the file named "hosts" as administrator (unless you are logged in as Admin) and open with Notepad.
4. Scroll down to the bottom of any list of sites that might be there (from malware blocker insertion or whatever) and copy/paste the following:
# Start of entries inserted by (your name)
# End of entries inserted by (your name)
5. Save the file.
6. Go to C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\hosts
7. Right click on it and select "Read Only" under the General tab, click Apply, and close the window.
EDIT: I removed the "http://". I didn't mean to include that and you don't want to.
Last edited by Articulate_Ape; 01-14-2011 at 04:18 PM."The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)
|« Previous Thread | Next Thread »|