Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20
  1. #1 Found This Dog A Couple Hours Ago 
    Power CUer NJCardFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    15,888
    We were heading back to my mother-in-law's house to drop her off after a night in Atlantic City and when we turned onto her street, a little dog was just standing there on the side of the street like he was waiting for someone. We backed up and opened the door and he came, enthusiastically, up to my wife so brought him into the car. He had a collar on so I called the number and it was disconnected. I tried it twice. So, we decided to take him to my in-laws house and put him on the porch. This dog is adorable and very friendly toward both people and other dogs(my MIL has a shih tzu). My MIL called the state police to see if someone reported a lost dog, they did not but were going to notify a service who picks up stray dogs. I told my MIL to tell them not to bother. We're going to put a ad in the paper trying to find his owner but I think this dog was dumped. I did a trace on the phone number and found out that it's from the next town over which is about 15 miles away. Anyhoo, here is the dog:



    Can someone tell me what kind of breed this dog is? I believe him to be a pug mix. He's fixed and not malnourished so my guess is that he was either dumped or, and this is a long shot, that the family just moved into the neighborhood which would explain the disconnected phone number. I told my wife that if someone doesn't claim him, we're keeping him. His name on his collar says Bowzer.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    41,866
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    We were heading back to my mother-in-law's house to drop her off after a night in Atlantic City and when we turned onto her street, a little dog was just standing there on the side of the street like he was waiting for someone. We backed up and opened the door and he came, enthusiastically, up to my wife so brought him into the car. He had a collar on so I called the number and it was disconnected. I tried it twice. So, we decided to take him to my in-laws house and put him on the porch. This dog is adorable and very friendly toward both people and other dogs(my MIL has a shih tzu). My MIL called the state police to see if someone reported a lost dog, they did not but were going to notify a service who picks up stray dogs. I told my MIL to tell them not to bother. We're going to put a ad in the paper trying to find his owner but I think this dog was dumped. I did a trace on the phone number and found out that it's from the next town over which is about 15 miles away. Anyhoo, here is the dog:



    Can someone tell me what kind of breed this dog is? I believe him to be a pug mix. He's fixed and not malnourished so my guess is that he was either dumped or, and this is a long shot, that the family just moved into the neighborhood which would explain the disconnected phone number. I told my wife that if someone doesn't claim him, we're keeping him. His name on his collar says Bowzer.
    Take good care of him, dogs are a blessing, I have six and I got most of them as strays.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Power CUer NJCardFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    15,888
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Take good care of him, dogs are a blessing, I have six and I got most of them as strays.
    I have 2 others and 4 cats so a 3rd dog would crowd things a but but my wife and I are animal lovers so we would take good care of him as long as everyone gets along.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    CU's Tallest Midget! PoliCon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA
    Posts
    25,328
    Looks like a pug mix.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    41,866
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    I have 2 others and 4 cats so a 3rd dog would crowd things a but but my wife and I are animal lovers so we would take good care of him as long as everyone gets along.
    That is the key there, having them get along. I had 7 at the beginning of the year but he was a pit bull and almost killed my wifes favorite dog.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Power CUer NJCardFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    15,888
    Well, if my wife and I do take him in, it will be to foster him and find him a good home.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11,970
    It appears he was dumped. Looks like a keeper to me with that cute face.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Sarasota,FL
    Posts
    42,775
    Cute pooch, I'd keep him. :D
    May the FORCE be with you!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    SEAduced SuperMod Hawkgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    4,020
    cute pup! I'd keep him.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    Administrator SaintLouieWoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Sarasota Florida
    Posts
    40,315
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    cute pup! I'd keep him.
    Same here. He's adorable. I had a dog named "Sweetie" years ago. She was a mixed breed also, but she wasn't cute. She was so ugly that I guess some would say she was cute, but even as a dog lover, I couldn't say it. Actually she wasn't sweet either, but I knew if she were turned in to the Humane Society, she'd never have a home.

    I suffered 7 years with Sweetie til she went to that Rainbow Bridge in the sky. She messed up my furniture, growled at the kids, wasn't too sociable, but just couldn't condemn her to her sure fate.

    This pooch is adorable and gets along with your other dogs. You couldn't ask for more.
    ,
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

    " To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

    "
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"


    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •