Thread: How would the "gay gene" affect gay marriage?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    noonwitch
    I don't care what makes people gay. I don't care if my neighbors are gay, or my coworkers, or the teachers at the local schools. Gay or straight, I don't care, as long as they aren't messing with children or my pets.

I do think that what makes anyone who they are is a combination of genetic and environmental factors. An example would be men with a XYY chromosome. They are said to be more prone to violence than men with an XY makeup. But not every man with the XYY chromosome ends up violent, and not every violent man has that factor.

Or an environmental factor, like childhood sexual abuse. Most children who survive it do not grow up to be offenders themselves, but pretty much every offender was sexually abused as a kid.

Personality is a complicated thing.

I have no problem with gay marriage but unless you can demonstrate to me that animals can consent to having sex with humans bestiality should remain outlawed...

The government should stay out of peoples business. Thats all there is to it. If two fruits want to suck dick and get married then thats their business. People who try to force their own fears and doctrines on other peoples civil rights are the people that should be policed. Not two law abiding citizens who want to get married and live their lives regardless of their sexual orientation.

Hey...I don't black people..they are different...let's enslave them

Hey...woman piss me off...they shouldn't vote...

Hey...the Jooooos make me mad...let's put them in camps

Hey...those homos are different...tell them they can't get married

Hey...that tribe isn't my tribe and is on my land...let's cut their arms off

Hey...those redskinned people have some sweet land...let's take it

LOL?

No?

Fuck...nevermind...tell those Homos they can't have civil rights...

I'll sign on

Well, that was an intelligent post...or whatever.

Maybe you've missed the simple fact that homosexuals have exactly the same rights as anyone else. What they want is for us to change laws that are hundreds of years old and tradition that is thousands of years old in order to give them special rights. No one is telling them how they can or can't live, but the majority is telling them that their choices are not equal to a man and woman marrying, bringing children into the world, and raising them.
    Last edited by MrsSmith; 06-07-2008 at 03:17 PM.
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

Goldwater
    Quote Originally Posted by everyman68 View Post
    I have no problem with gay marriage but unless you can demonstrate to me that animals can consent to having sex with humans bestiality should remain outlawed...
    I hope no one here is making the case that bestiality should be legal. :|

Quote Originally Posted by Goldwater View Post
    I hope no one here is making the case that bestiality should be legal. :|
    I will, with the caveat that you only fuck animals with the permission of their owner.

Goldwater
    Quote Originally Posted by FeebMaster View Post
    I will, with the caveat that you only fuck animals with the permission of their owner.
    AIDs was supposedly created from the relations between a man (or woman) and a monkey. You could make the case that we should be careful who we have sex with... but it just isn't pragmatic.

Politically tired.
    Quote Originally Posted by FeebMaster View Post
    lol. More like I don't give a damn what you do with your life, especially if it doesn't affect me. Want to fuck your dog? Knock yourself out. Want to marry your horse? Whatever floats your boat.

Best to leave the government out of it, though.
    Okay, cruelty toward animals is where I draw the line. One area where I draw it anyway.

gator
    Quote Originally Posted by NoPartisanHacks View Post
    The government should stay out of peoples business. Thats all there is to it. If two fruits want to suck dick and get married then thats their business. People who try to force their own fears and doctrines on other peoples civil rights are the people that should be policed. Not two law abiding citizens who want to get married and live their lives regardless of their sexual orientation.

Hey...I don't black people..they are different...let's enslave them

Hey...woman piss me off...they shouldn't vote...

Hey...the Jooooos make me mad...let's put them in camps

Hey...those homos are different...tell them they can't get married

Hey...that tribe isn't my tribe and is on my land...let's cut their arms off

Hey...those redskinned people have some sweet land...let's take it

LOL?

No?

Fuck...nevermind...tell those Homos they can't have civil rights...

I'll sign on
    Black people were enslaved because they were easily captured by their fellow Blacks and sold into slavery.

The people that put Joooos into camps got their asses beat pretty badly.

Women were not denied the right to vote because they pissed the men off. The men felt it was their responsibility to made important decisions and that changed a long time ago with the realization that domocracy should be the decision of everyone.

If you are going to make stupid politically correct statements at least get your facts straight.

Eyelids
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldwater View Post
    AIDs was supposedly created from the relations between a man (or woman) and a monkey. You could make the case that we should be careful who we have sex with... but it just isn't pragmatic.
    Somebody ate a monkey without cooking it fully is the far more likely scenario.

If there is a gay gene curing somebody would be impossible. You cant ex post facto mess around with somebodies genes. The real issue is what amounts to "vaccinations."

God you guys are ignorant.