Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    Somebody ate a monkey without cooking it fully is the far more likely scenario.

If there is a gay gene curing somebody would be impossible. You cant ex post facto mess around with somebodies genes. The real issue is what amounts to "vaccinations."

God you guys are ignorant.
    Says the guy who can't spell or punctuate... :D
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obamaís $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. Itís no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obamaís own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

Goldwater
    But you can never be too sure, those monkeys are pretty fine.

If there is a gay gene curing somebody would be impossible. You cant ex post facto mess around with somebodies genes. The real issue is what amounts to "vaccinations."

God you guys are ignorant.
    That's why it is a "what if" question. I think you smart people call it hypothetical. Maybe you'll learn it in a later semester. By the way, what are you majoring in?
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

noonwitch
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldwater View Post
    AIDs was supposedly created from the relations between a man (or woman) and a monkey. You could make the case that we should be careful who we have sex with... but it just isn't pragmatic.

AIDS came monkeys, but not necessarily through human sexual contact with monkeys. Monkey kidneys were used to make polio vaccines-tainted monkeys were used at a lab in Stanleytown (when the lab ran out of the tested, disease-free monkeys, they started using non-tested local monkeys), not far from where the first HIV/AIDS cases were discovered, in the late 50s, early 60s.

Where the Rev.Wrights of the world get it wrong is in blaming the US for this. It falls under the responsibility of the organization (and it was not the US government) that was using the facility for producing the vaccine for using untested monkeys and then vaccinating the locals who didn't know to ask questions. There's a documentary about it-Salk was aware of the problem with the tainted vaccine, he was highly critical of the german doctor who used it, and had likely connected the dots before he died, as he was working on research into possible vaccinations for AIDS/HIV.

I think the documentary is called "The Orgin Of AIDS". I saw it on cable about a year or so ago.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    That's why it is a "what if" question. I think you smart people call it hypothetical. Maybe you'll learn it in a later semester. By the way, what are you majoring in?
    Mastering Autonomic Reflexes,breath in breath out !

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    Let's say one day in the near future the "gay gene" is found. Shortly thereafter, a "cure" is found. Of course. not everybody will accept this cure. Would all you bleeding heart, rainbow shitting liberals then stop defending gay marriage? Because obviously, it would then be a choice.
    There is no 'Gay Gene' it's all about choice !

Eyelids
    You dont put a space before an exclamation point megimoo.

Power CUer
    You dont put a space before an exclamation point megimoo.
    But you do put an apostrophe in "don't" and should have a comma between "point" and "Megimoo", so what is the point of that observation?

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSmith View Post
    Remember FruityNuts? If there were a gay gene, it would have to be a recessive, not a dominant. He swore he had 3 brothers, all gay except one. For 75% of one couple's children to be gay due to a genetic reason, both parents would have to be gay, also. Yet there Mom and Dad were... still happily married. There is no gay gene.

Although I don't really believe in a "gay gene", this doesn't make sense. There is a couple that live a few blocks from me. Both are "normal" but three of their children are afflicted with albinism. Yes, I studied those little 4 square things in genetics but occasionally the 25% chance increases.

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    But you do put an apostrophe in "don't" and should have a comma between "point" and "Megimoo", so what is the point of that observation?
    Don't look at MSNBC online right now. There's a glaring spelling error on their main page.