Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    There's nothing wrong with Wal-Mart, or their business practices, up to and including subjugating their vendors like field slaves. I have no sorrow for anyone involved in any of the company's transactions - vendor or employee.

You volunteered, knew what you were getting into, and have to live with the results.

Without overseas goods and the volume to dictate incredibly small profit margins by their suppliers, the institution couldn't exist in the magnitude it enjoys presently, facilitated by the greed of the American consumer. The store is simply the forerunner of what our entire retail society is going to evolve into in the next couple of decades. There's a finite amount of wealth in the world - generally - and the rest of the globe will quickly catch up to us.

They want the American dream too - and there's only so much rice in the bowl.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Patent Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    There's a finite amount of wealth in the world - generally - and the rest of the globe will quickly catch up to us.

Wow, what an interesting economic theory. So you're saying that there's the same amount of wealth in the world today as there was in the 16th century?

Did you get your degree in Economics from the DUmp?

Quote Originally Posted by biccat View Post
    Did you get your degree in Economics from the DUmp?
    Reference the word "generally" in my post and attempt to grasp its meaning.

A gold mine might be found tomorrow with a billion tons of ore and really upset the economic apple cart, but until then - wealth, lets say post WWII, in real value - not over-humped speculation, is relative.

Diamonds are worth what they are because of the tonnage pulled from deep in the Earth by human beings going down there. Other than sharpening grinding wheels and used as super-alloy cutting tools - their value is driven by women’s egos and men’s sexual needs therein.

The United States has been the world’s largest consumer of everything since coming home from Europe and the Pacific since war’s end. I know you have an inherent need to go out of your way, biccat, to be an asshole - on a regular basis, but you need to know that our country has seen its zenith economically. And unless we fall back on the 16th Century method of grabbing more natural resources, via military incursion, disguised as "protecting the sovereignty of a subjugated nation", our station and wealth are going to be in grave decline in the very near future.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Patent Member
    Reference the word "generally" in my post and attempt to grasp its meaning.

A gold mine might be found tomorrow with a billion tons of ore and really upset the economic apple cart, but until then - wealth, lets say post WWII, in real value - not over-humped speculation, is relative.
    Wealth is not simply based on the amount of goods available. Wealth is created every time someone does some measure of work to improve a good. To rehash a tired example, I sell you a bundle of wool for $5. You make it into a sweater worth $10. Poof, wealth has been created.

The US economy experiences real growth every year, and it is not because we're finding new gold mines.

The wealthy of the United States experience growth in their wealth every year. And relatively, the poor get poorer, causing public services to be paid for by programs sponsored by the middle class. Once the middle class has been taxed out of existence - economies fail. The truly rich do not pay taxes. The truly poor do not pay taxes.

There is only so much rice in the every day man’s rice bowl.

Patent Member
    The wealthy of the United States experience growth in their wealth every year. And relatively, the poor get poorer, causing public services to be paid for by programs sponsored by the middle class. Once the middle class has been taxed out of existence - economies fail. The truly rich do not pay taxes. The truly poor do not pay taxes.

There is only so much rice in the every day man’s rice bowl.
    The rich do get richer, and the poor, relative to the wealthy, do get poorer.

However, the standard of living for the "poor" increases dramatically. Contrast the poor in third world countries where there is a struggle to get basic necessities with the poor in the United States who are suffering from record obesity.

We are not in danger of taxing the middle class out of existence, although that is a distinct possibility in the next decade or so if the AMT is not revised.

Quote Originally Posted by biccat View Post
    We are not in danger of taxing the middle class out of existence, although that is a distinct possibility in the next decade or so if the AMT is not revised.
    Don't let Obama here you say that. It's his Marxist wet-dream, after all. We need to go to a dircet consumer tax and make the government live with what results as revenue.

Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    Here they go, and they're off with the Walmart hating!
    Moonbats

We are DUmmies, lets intrude and muddle things up!
    I love the way these fools confuse getting a reaction with intelligent debate.

Quote Originally Posted by conservativeguy27
    If i worked at Wal-Mart and a dummie came up to me and started saying "union made" and "China", i would say that the Dem party with their taxes and regulations pushed these companies out of the USA.
    Don't bring facts into an argument with a moonbat, unless you want to mop up the pudding when their head goes pop.
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

Goldwater
    Wealth is created, it is not torn apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldwater View Post
    Wealth is created, it is not torn apart.
    Reference the Great Depression in history for an opposing perspective to that statement.