Thread: Obama's Speech

1. #1 Obama's Speech 
    I know you'll find this hard to believe, but the pres is making a speech today. I caught enough to here him say " the republicans gave us ten years of doing it their way and we ended up with a bad economy and run away debt".
    So we're going for the "Big Lie" gambit? Dems have controlled the purse strings since 2006............
    "What this country needs are more unemployed politicians."
    -Edward Langley

"Liberals are the type of people who go on safari and wonder why they can't get out and pet the lions..."- warpig

And if memory serves, Obama's defecits approach that of the entire GDP of China.

Quote Originally Posted by warpig View Post
    I know you'll find this hard to believe, but the pres is making a speech today. I caught enough to here him say " the republicans gave us ten years of doing it their way and we ended up with a bad economy and run away debt".
    So we're going for the "Big Lie" gambit? Dems have controlled the purse strings since 2006............
    What 10 years is he talking about? A review of history doesn't bear out that statement... Zero better get some better researchers.
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Those following President Obama's prepared remarks during a speech in Milwaukee, Wisconsin Monday were thrown a bit of a curveball when it came to a description of his critics:

"Some powerful interests who had been dominating the agenda in Washington for a very long time and they're not always happy with me. They talk about me like a dog. That's not in my prepared remarks, but it's true," he told a crowd largely consisting of union members.

The line was a rare departure from a president who normally sticks close to the text of his speech and may forecast a more aggressive tone on the part of Obama as the midterms approach.

The address is the first of two speeches this week in which Obama will try and frame his administration's response to the recession, less than two months ahead of midterm elections where Democratic majorities in the House and Senate are on the ropes.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...me-like-a-dog/

Comments:

Earl Dumarest September 6th, 2010 4:55 pm ET

Remember, Obongo was raised by his grandparents who spoiled him. He never had to work for anything. It was all given to him. What we have here is a BRAT.
    Paul Perkins September 6th, 2010 4:55 pm ET

Dogs don't normally send their wives on $350,000 trips to Spain.
    Luis Vazquez September 6th, 2010 4:54 pm ET

I thought he was going to have a different kind of administration? Wasn;t this supposed to be the Hope and Change era? What happened?
    From CNN website no less.............:eek:
    "What this country needs are more unemployed politicians."
    -Edward Langley

"Liberals are the type of people who go on safari and wonder why they can't get out and pet the lions..."- warpig

More and more, people are taking a good look at what is happening, and they don't like what they see...
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    What 10 years is he talking about? A review of history doesn't bear out that statement... Zero better get some better researchers.
    O Blah Blah doesn't care. If the lie suits his diseased political philosophy, he'll use it.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Banned
    Anyone getting tired of this dipshit being on TV every other day. The liberal media eats this up. However, I remember them refusing to telecast several of President Bush's speeches. They are a bunch of damn hypocrites.

He neglects to address how the Dems under Clinton forced the banks to give home loans to people who had no means to pay them back. That's what caused the crisis.
    When Bush wanted to check on FM & FM, the Dems would not allow it.
    Barney Frank and Maxine Waters insisted there was no crisis at Freddie Mac or Fannie Mae.