Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 36
  1. #11  
    Senior Member Bailey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,200
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Bending over backward? You hold daily bonfires where you toast some marshmallows over a burning Koran?

    I would think it would be obvious by now, but Muslims don't look at the Koran like you guys look at the Bible. To them it is an inviolate thing. To them desecration of it is something to go to war over. It is a part of their culture. Plain and simple. Whether or not we agree with that, it is how it is. From the time they are born, that is what they are taught. That is their life.

    We are trying to make these people are friends. We are trying to show them America is not the evil asshole fuckwads that the Taliban and Al Qaeda are painting us as. What better way to show them that by committing one of the most horrible acts possible to their culture?

    It is counter to the war effort. No one is asking you to bend over and wash their feet for them. No one is even asking you to respect them. What we are asking is that you not go out of your way to piss them the fuck off when we're doing everything we can to turn them against our enemies.

    If I had a dollar for every pic I have seen of those dogs stepping, burning and in general defacing our flag I'd be rich. They can take their gutter religion and Koran and jam it.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #12  
    Power CUer FlaGator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    The Swamps of N. Florida
    Posts
    27,732
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Bending over backward? You hold daily bonfires where you toast some marshmallows over a burning Koran?

    I would think it would be obvious by now, but Muslims don't look at the Koran like you guys look at the Bible. To them it is an inviolate thing. To them desecration of it is something to go to war over. It is a part of their culture. Plain and simple. Whether or not we agree with that, it is how it is. From the time they are born, that is what they are taught. That is their life.

    We are trying to make these people are friends. We are trying to show them America is not the evil asshole fuckwads that the Taliban and Al Qaeda are painting us as. What better way to show them that by committing one of the most horrible acts possible to their culture?

    It is counter to the war effort. No one is asking you to bend over and wash their feet for them. No one is even asking you to respect them. What we are asking is that you not go out of your way to piss them the fuck off when we're doing everything we can to turn them against our enemies.
    I was not looking at this as a Christian, the fact that they see the Koran differently than I see the Bible doesn't change what I believe. What I believe is this wouldn't be an issue if they were as fearful of our response as we seem to be of theirs.
    Cast your burden on the Lord,
    and he will sustain you;
    he will never permit
    the righteous to be moved.
    Psalm 55:22
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #13 Petraeus: Dove World Outreach Center's 'Burn a Koran Day' endangers troops 
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Posts
    1,003
    Petraeus: Dove World Outreach Center's 'Burn a Koran Day' endangers troops

    The United States' top commander in Afghanistan has warned that a planned Koran-burning event in Florida could put US troops in danger.

    Gen. David Petraeus added his voice to mounting protests from both the US and abroad over the Dove World Outreach Center's plans to burn Korans on Saturday to mark the anniversary of the September 11 terror attacks. His comments ratcheted up the pressure on once-obscure pastor Terry Jones to call off the event.

    The controversy comes as some 120,000 US and allied troops are waging a counter-insurgency campaign against the Taliban in Afghanistan, a campaign whose goals include winning support for the US-backed government from the largely Muslim population.
    Who are these nitwits that twist Christianity into something almost unrecognizable? 'Burn a Koran Day'??? Sick, sick people calling themselves followers of Jesus.--They are the price we pay for 'freedom of expression'.

    This 'my religion' or 'my take on God is better than yours' is the most destructive idea on our planet.

    Besides, everyone knows only the Pope can talk to God.;);)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #14  
    Our widdle friend. Wei Wu Wei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,414
    Quote Originally Posted by Jfor View Post
    So what you are saying is ALL Americans should just kill themselves because by us being alive, it gives the muslims reason to want to harm us and our troops?
    lol yes Muslims are willing to suicide-bomb themselves because they don't like Americans Being Alive
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #15  
    Our widdle friend. Wei Wu Wei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,414
    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    Petraeus: Dove World Outreach Center's 'Burn a Koran Day' endangers troops



    Who are these nitwits that twist Christianity into something almost unrecognizable? 'Burn a Koran Day'??? Sick, sick people calling themselves followers of Jesus.--They are the price we pay for 'freedom of expression'.

    This 'my religion' or 'my take on God is better than yours' is the most destructive idea on our planet.

    Besides, everyone knows only the Pope can talk to God.;);)
    Is it really that surprising? What with all of the anti-Islam rhetoric out there, people feeling scared and lost and defensive and every media outlet is telling them that the treat is coming from Muslims.

    Of course people are going to act this way. Anyone who is surprised by this just needs to open their eyes, watch a few hours of television, it should be obvious.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #16  
    Power CUer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    11,840
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    Is it really that surprising? What with all of the anti-Islam rhetoric out there, people feeling scared and lost and defensive and every media outlet is telling them that the treat is coming from Muslims.
    What kind of treats are coming from Muslims? Are they connected with Eid? Are they like candy corn? That's my favorite.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #17  
    Our widdle friend. Wei Wu Wei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,414
    Cultural threats, threats to our "way of life", and so on.

    It's meant to be ambiguous for a reason, it appeals to the greatest number of people who are experiencing various shades of existential anxiety.

    As long as something can be identified as the threat, rather than the threat being objectless as it is in anxiety, people will prefer to fear the known threat rather than be anxious about the unknown.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #18  
    Power CUer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    11,840
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    Cultural threats, threats to our "way of life", and so on.
    Oh, "threats". That makes more sense. In your original post you said "treats", which gives an entirely different impression.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #19  
    Our widdle friend. Wei Wu Wei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,414
    hahah pretty funny mistake
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #20  
    CU's Tallest Midget! PoliCon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA
    Posts
    25,322
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    Is it really that surprising? What with all of the anti-Islam rhetoric out there, people feeling scared and lost and defensive and every media outlet is telling them that the treat is coming from Muslims.

    Of course people are going to act this way. Anyone who is surprised by this just needs to open their eyes, watch a few hours of television, it should be obvious.
    Anti-muslim rhetoric. You guys see anti- this or anti-that everywhere.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •