Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    You know a real and tangible difference between Christians and muslims? When a "Christian" group pulls a bullshit stunt - Christians call them on it.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010...koran-burning/

He's absolutely right. We're in the middle of a massive COIN operation in Afghanistan. We're trying to win the hearts of the Afghani people, and this church is giving the Taliban and Al Queada more recruiting ammunition.

We all understand they have the right to do this, no one is arguing that point. But just because you have the right, doesn't mean it is right. Wait... haven't I heard that before regarding something in New York?

This event will put our troops in more harm. It works against our efforts in Afghanistan. The leaders of this church are acting incredibly stupid. They're putting their useless symbolic gesture over the lives of Americans.
    If we have not won over the hearts of the Afghan people in 7 years, we need to get out. The government is corrupt and the Afghans do not want to come together as a united country.

I don't care whether Koran books are burned or not. They have a right to do it; it is stupid and a political ploy. I also think the General has been drinking the media kool-aid with his remarks. The Taliban and Al Queada want to kill us and that will not change one iota. Putting more Americans in harms way is baloney.

Quote Originally Posted by derpnut View Post
    Fixed for accuracy....again

Oh, and Derpnut, you're showing yourself to be a fucking coward every time you post and not respond to the call out in the Dome.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Liberalism is what the stupid think is smart.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Oh, "threats". That makes more sense. In your original post you said "treats", which gives an entirely different impression.
    With We We, it more like a trick than a treat.

Sonnabend
    DJones: they kill because they can. They need no excuse, or they will manufacture one. I am for this Koran burning for one main reason: Let's see if they have as much tolerance as we are expected to have.

I am getting sick and tired of this "Mustn't upset the Muslims"....if they dont like it, tough shit. If they start with more violence and more deaths then the church will have been proven correct and Islam is everything we say it is.

I will also add that the Kuta bombing in 2002 was not because of any "insult to islam", it was because we helped a nation gain independence and the Islamic nutjobs in Aceh didnt like it.

202 people died.

I can't speak for US citizens, but we Aussies are not so slowly losing patience at this continued Islamic assault upon our way of life and our freedoms.

We keep getting told "Islam is peaceful" Let's see them fucking prove it.

Let's see this koran get burned with not one life lost, not one embassy burned, not one death threat.

Let's see these "moderate muslims" stand up and defend the right of free speech..even when it isnt what they want.Time for them to put up...or SHUT UP.
    Last edited by Sonnabend; 09-08-2010 at 09:29 AM.

Sonnabend
    There have already been protests in the Afghan capital Kabul and in Indonesia - the world's largest Muslim-majority country - against his plans while Iran has warned it could unleash an uncontrolled Muslim response.
    Read more: http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news...#ixzz0ywQx9NU3
    Translation: dont offend us or people will die.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    DJones: they kill because they can. They need no excuse, or they will manufacture one. I am for this Koran burning for one main reason: Let's see if they have as much tolerance as we are expected to have.

I am getting sick and tired of this "Mustn't upset the Muslims"....if they dont like it, tough shit. If they start with more violence and more deaths then the church will have been proven correct and Islam is everything we say it is.

I will also add that the Kuta bombing in 2002 was not because of any "insult to islam", it was because we helped a nation gain independence and the Islamic nutjobs in Aceh didnt like it.

202 people died.

I can't speak for US citizens, but we Aussies are not so slowly losing patience at this continued Islamic assault upon our way of life and our freedoms.

We keep getting told "Islam is peaceful" Let's see them fucking prove it.

Let's see this koran get burned with not one life lost, not one embassy burned, not one death threat.

Let's see these "moderate muslims" stand up and defend the right of free speech..even when it isnt what they want.Time for them to put up...or SHUT UP.
    If Tea Party people and Conservatives are not racist, let's see if we can go one week checking all the major right-wing websites WITHOUT ONE RACIST COMMENT being posted. until then all you racists need to SHUT UP!!

It's such a ridiculous standard to expect a group to totally police itself, and even assumes much about the solidary of such a group. If it only takes one example to condemn an entire religion then Christianity has some problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    If Tea Party people and Conservatives are not racist, let's see if we can go one week checking all the major right-wing websites WITHOUT ONE RACIST COMMENT being posted. until then all you racists need to SHUT UP!!
    Difference is - fucktard - Conservatives stand up against racism. Progressives have institutionalized it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    It's such a ridiculous standard to expect a group to totally police itself, and even assumes much about the solidary of such a group. If it only takes one example to condemn an entire religion then Christianity has some problems.
    ONE example??? Holy fuck are you kidding me???