Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 No 'Screaming Children' Allowed. 
    Carolina Beach restaurant says "no" to screaming children

Posted: Sep 06, 2010 3:14 PM MDT Updated: Sep 07, 2010 3:00 AM MDT
    By Max Winitz - bio | email

CAROLINA BEACH, NC (WECT) - A restaurant in Carolina Beach is stirring up controversy over a couple of signs reading, "Screaming children will not be tolerated."

The owner of the Olde Salty restaurant, Brenda Armes, is tired of having her customers complain to her about children misbehaving and screaming when others are trying to enjoy a quiet meal.

Armes says the signs have worked.

"It has been a good thing for us," Armes said. "It has brought us in more customers than it has ever kept away."

Gary Gibson was dining at the restaurant for the first time and agrees with Armes.

"It's not very enjoyable when you hear a bunch of kids screaming. It's nice to see a sign like that up," Gibson said.

While many are for the rule, some families are against it.

"I've never seen a restaurant say, don't bring your screaming kids in here," said Ashley Heflin, who is a mom of two. "You can't help it if your kids scream."

Armes says that if a child is screaming, a restaurant employee will ask the parent to take them outside to calm down. They will not be asked to leave the restaurant for good.
    Good for them! While children scream unpredictably, staying at home with them almost completely eliminates the "annoyed stranger" angle. Dinners, movies, plays, and museum tours are often just too long for small children. An hour for a three year old is like 12 hours for an adult.

Keep them home or in 'kid-friendly' venues until they are old enough to manage frustration and boredom.

WECT

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Good for them! While children scream unpredictably, staying at home with them almost completely eliminates the "annoyed stranger" angle. Dinners, movies, plays, and museum tours are often just too long for small children. An hour for a three year old is like 12 hours for an adult.

Keep them home or in 'kid-friendly' venues until they are old enough to manage frustration and boredom.

WECT
    Seconded! :)

~QC
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.

"You can't help it if your kids scream".

Because she has that attitude, her kids will always scream in restaurants. If they want dinner, they won't scream.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    I guess that's why I prefer bars. No kids allowed.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

The big Cheese
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    "You can't help it if your kids scream".

Because she has that attitude, her kids will always scream in restaurants. If they want dinner, they won't scream.
    my son knows that if he acts up his butt hurts. I dont do it in front of everyone but he knows if he acts up he gets it when we get home.

guess what? he doesnt act up most of the time. and he is only 3.....
    One does not greet death when he knocks at your door.

Nay you repeatedly punch him in the throat as he slowly drags you away.

"I've never seen a restaurant say, don't bring your screaming kids in here," said Ashley Heflin, who is a mom of two. "You can't help it if your kids scream."
    Then you're a lousy parent. I get this woman is the type that if her kids do scream, she does nothing and catches an attitude if someone dares look at her crosseyed about it.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

about time public places start doing this. I always ask for different table if the hostess tries to put us near bratty kids.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Good for the restaurant.

Sometimes I feel like telling proud parents, Congratulations. You've managed to shit out a puppy. Now keep it from howling or keep it at home.

:)
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    Good for the restaurant.

Sometimes I feel like telling proud parents, Congratulations. You've managed to shit out a puppy. Now keep it from howling or keep it at home.

:)
    Wud up dawg, it's past your bedtime!:D

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Wud up dawg, it's past your bedtime!:D
    I stayed up late for teh CU fantasy football draft.

How's it wid chu o noble hog? :D
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!