Thread: “Firearms in Commerce: Assessing the Need for Reform in the Federal Regulatory Proces

1. #1 “Firearms in Commerce: Assessing the Need for Reform in the Federal Regulatory Proces 
    http://judiciary.senate.gov/hearings...ng.cfm?id=4771

NOTICE OF COMMITTEE HEARING
    The Senate Committee on the Judiciary has scheduled a hearing entitled "Firearms in Commerce: Assessing the Need for Reform in the Federal Regulatory Process" for Tuesday, September 14, 2010 at 10:00 a.m. in Room 226 of the Dirksen Senate Office Building.
    "What this country needs are more unemployed politicians."
    -Edward Langley

"Liberals are the type of people who go on safari and wonder why they can't get out and pet the lions..."- warpig

I'll be keeping an eye on this. I suspect it might have something to do with a challenge to various state's firearms freedom laws, but I can't really tell what this is about.
    "In England a king hath little more to do than to make war and give away places; which in plain terms, is to impoverish the nation and set it together by the ears. A pretty business indeed for a man to be allowed eight hundred thousand sterling a year for, and worshipped into the bargain! Of more worth is one honest man to society and in the sight of God, than all the crowned ruffians that ever lived."
    —Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Did you guys hear about this?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010...ique-m-rifles/

"The transfer of such a large number of weapons -- 87,310 M1 Garands and 770,160 M1 Carbines -- could potentially be exploited by individuals seeking firearms for illicit purposes," the spokesman told FoxNews.com.
    I would LOVE to have a couple of those.

rm -rf obama*

Nope, I hadn't seen this! If they were allowed to be sold, the seller would have an instant customer in me as well.

Banning the sale is ridiculously stupid. My Rob Arms XCR could easily outperform these in the rounds per minute, and follow up rounds on target category, and anyone in America with $1,400 can go buy one for themselves with no questions asked. Gun grabbers don't make much sense.
    "In England a king hath little more to do than to make war and give away places; which in plain terms, is to impoverish the nation and set it together by the ears. A pretty business indeed for a man to be allowed eight hundred thousand sterling a year for, and worshipped into the bargain! Of more worth is one honest man to society and in the sight of God, than all the crowned ruffians that ever lived."
    —Thomas Paine, Common Sense