Thread: Saturday Sports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Saturday Sports 
    Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Cool now but it will be hot again today. No forecast for rain except the possibility of a thundershower in the afternoon. The dogs have discovered the coolness of our new ground level residence. The ground floor is on a slab and was dug into the side of the mountain so three sides are largely below ground level. The floor stays nice and cool and yesterday was covered with hound dogs. They do enjoy their comfort. But of course, so do we.

TOTD: Is anyone watching the Olympics? I was glad to see the US come from behind and shock the French relay team in swimming. Thing is, I'm not really watching the games as in actually planning to watch a certain event at a certain time or setting the satellite to record a particular event. I watched a little of Brazil and Cameroon in soccer this morning and may try to catch some cycling later but I am just not into the Olympics.

I do love sports. College football and NFL football are my favorites. I do plan my schedule around certain games.

Alternate TOTD: What team or teams do you like?

I like the Florida NFL teams. I follow the Jags most closely but I am a long time Dolphin fan. And I love the NY Giants.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Going to be a wonderful day here also! High in the 80's and dry. Unusual for August to be sure!

I let the dawgs out and all of a sudden I heard and they did to a sound I've heard before
    in August here...they both looked up and so did I.

A Hot Air Balloon had taken off from Queeny Park and was on it's way somewhere. Ran in the house for the camera and snapped this pic thru the trees.

TOTD: We both have been watching the games pretty regular. Women's Beach Volleyball baby!
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Going to be a wonderful day here also! High in the 80's and dry. Unusual for August to be sure!

I let the dawgs out and all of a sudden I heard and they did to a sound I've heard before

A Hot Air Balloon had taken off from Queeny Park and was on it's way somewhere. Ran in the house for the camera and snapped this pic thru the trees.

TOTD: We both have been watching the games pretty regular. Women's Beach Volleyball baby!
    Dem Chicks be lithe and talented.

EPL starts today. Triple header on FSC!

I'm also catching a glimpse of the Dutch and Argies going at it on MSNBC. Pretty good turn out player wise. Messi and Requelme are playing for Argentina, Ronaldinho and Jo are playing for Brazil and I recognize Babell from L'pool playing for the Dutch.

I could care less about the rest of the Olympics.
    2009 CU Pro Football Pick'em Champ

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post

Hot Air balloons are beautiful. I was hiking once, and a hot air balloon was going over the trail I was on. I didn't see it but all of a sudden I heard that roar of the gas jet that heats the air. It was right over my head. Scared the tar out of me. I thought it was a dang pterodactyl. I hate pterodactyls.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    Hot Air balloons are beautiful. I was hiking once, and a hot air balloon was going over the trail I was on. I didn't see it but all of a sudden I heard that roar of the gas jet that heats the air. It was right over my head. Scared the tar out of me. I thought it was a dang pterodactyl. I hate pterodactyls.
    They are cool. I was hoping for the Vader one to come next but no joy. :( :D
    May the FORCE be with you!

It's still raining out here and we need it although I hate being inside during the summer. I had to kick on the fire last night. :eek:

I feel like making cookies but I don't usually go into cookie production until September. The dogs smell like wet dogs. I'm wearing long pants and real socks and slipping into a suicidal depression - at least for a couple of minutes. After that, I need to get back on track and clean the house. :D

TOTD: I've watching a few minutes here and there but I haven't deliberately viewed anything. It's hard to get excited about it. These people aren't really amateurs (in most sports), we suspect they are doped out their minds or have been, and the scandals about age and sex make me cynical.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Gravy View Post
    EPL starts today. Triple header on FSC!
    I'm also catching a glimpse of the Dutch and Argies going at it on MSNBC. Pretty good turn out player wise. Messi and Requelme are playing for Argentina, Ronaldinho and Jo are playing for Brazil and I recognize Babell from L'pool playing for the Dutch.

I could care less about the rest of the Olympics.
    Gunners take first match of new season with 1-0 win over West Brom at the Emirates. Olympics? Whaz dat?

I've been watching a lot of the Olympics and have really enjoyed them so far. Tonight is the Women's Marathon which I'm excited to see. I'm going to try and avoid the internet so I don't learn ahead of time who won.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    <snip>

Alternate TOTD: What team or teams do you like?

I like the Florida NFL teams. I follow the Jags most closely but I am a long time Dolphin fan. And I love the NY Giants.
    And the Jags play the Dolphins tonight in a preseason game. Living in and being born in Jacksonville I would say that the Jags are my favorite team. Also I'm a fan of Miami and Pittsburgh.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis