1. #1 A Reasoned Perspective On The Mosque 
    http://www.michnews.com/Chris_G_Adamo/ca091010.shtml

Had the September 11 terrorist attacks on America occurred during a saner time, the receptiveness of this country towards any tenets of Islam would have been seriously undercut both in the immediate aftermath of the catastrophe, and for at least as long as those who witnessed the event were alive to recall it. Yet, in the face of "political correctness," rationality has largely been eradicated from the national conversation. In its place, mindless nihilism, masquerading as post-modern virtue, threatens the culture, and ultimately the nation, with an intentional commitment to stupidity that portends an inglorious national suicide.

Now, in a sequel to that horrific event, which is plainly intended to thoroughly and irreparably disgrace this nation, Islamic activists are preparing to do their equivalent of planting the flag on top of Mount Suribachi. Islamist Feisal Abdul Rauf is currently leading an effort to build a Mosque at Ground Zero, in what can only be honestly construed as a shrine to commemorate a successful military operation against the United States. Far worse is that, for a host of treacherous reasons, key figures throughout the U.S. are actively supporting his sordid effort.

In many ways, the entire Mosque issue encapsulates the monumental struggle between those whom Barack Obama derided as the "bitter clingers" and the radical leftists who have insinuated themselves throughout the political establishment and in particular, at the reins of power within the modern Democrat Party.

The cold reality is that militant Muslims possess a dubious heritage of fourteen centuries as history's most effective "community organizers," resorting in recent years to the standard Alinsky tactics of labeling all opposition as "bigotry," "hate," or "Islamophobia." But they can also be counted upon to employ far more coercive means whenever mere protest and intimidation fail to persuade.
    "What this country needs are more unemployed politicians."
    -Edward Langley

"Liberals are the type of people who go on safari and wonder why they can't get out and pet the lions..."- warpig

That's about right. There's a talker out here who always makes sure that when he criticizes Islam, he is not talking about the millions of nice Muslims who are just too terrified of being killed to speak up.

Christians have been through this calculus before. Standing idly by out of fear of reprisal is a way to be, of course, but it ensures that the status quo will never change. In essence, they become part of the problem. A large part.

Only Muslims can change Islam and to do that, they have to be willing to take one for the team - just as countless Christians have done when they have reformed themselves and their leadership. Reformation isn't a painless, bloodless process nor one without any personal risk. On the contrary, reformation happens when you put your life where your heart is. It's risky business.

why won't moderate muslims speak out?! where are they?! I don't hear any muslims denouncing these things!! SHOW ME!!!

*types "muslims against violence extremism" into google...*

oh wait...

Why aren't muslims putting their message out? I'm listening to as many right-wing radio shows as possible, and I'm not seeing or hearing moderate muslims. Why NOT?!

Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    Why aren't muslims putting their message out? I'm listening to as many right-wing radio shows as possible, and I'm not seeing or hearing moderate muslims. Why NOT?!
    I don't think any of the hosts posts here. Maybe you should call in and ask.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    I don't think any of the hosts posts here. Maybe you should call in and ask.
    It's not the hosts fault damn it. Everyone knows when moderate muslims speak out I immediately am handed a notecard informing me of this. Unfortuatey, to date, I haven't received a card.

WHY AREN'T THESE MUSLIMS SPEAKING OUT?!

Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    WHY AREN'T THESE MUSLIMS SPEAKING OUT?!
    They aren't speaking out simply because they believe what is going on is correct, they just don't have the balls to do it themselves. Just like the ones that cheered around this country in 2001, they were happy about what happened, just no guts to back it up.
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot