Thread: Saddleback

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. #1 Saddleback 
    Is anyone planning on watching the Rick Warren sideshow?

Rick Warren Sells Out to the Pro-Abortion & Anti-Israel Crowd This Weekend
    As John McCain and Barack Obama head out to Saddleback to sit down with Rick Warren and avoid tough questions about Obama's support for infanticide (yes, yes does support it, but Warren won't be filled with enough of the Spirit to ask him about it), the Chicago Tribune is breaking news today with an exclusive about John McCain.
    Sen. John McCain, who is known for his reticence and even discomfort invoking faith on the campaign trail, was once dubbed a "Hell's Angel" for rioting against his captors in Vietnam in order to hold Sunday church services.
    It's a fascinating story and contrasts with Obama trying to wear his religion on his sleeve with Rev. Wright until it blew up in his face.
    more

Warren quips that McCain is in "cone of silence" during Zer-0's portion.

Asks him who are the influential people in his life. Michelle, Grandmother, hey What happened to brudder Jeremiah??

At what point does a baby get human rights?

uh, uh, uh,uh.................

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    At what point does a baby get human rights?

uh, uh, uh,uh.................

What happened in the first half - I didn't turn it on until McCains story about the Guard who drew a cross at Christmas time.
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.

I had to go out for a minute, gateway pundit has been following it

Faith Forum: Obama & McCain Saddle Up At Saddleback ...Update: Obama on Abortion Video

Obama, McCain face off in tonight Rick Warren's Saddleback Faith Forum.
    America is wondering if Obama quote G-D AmeriKKKa Wright-- his racist and anti-Semitic pastor of 20 years.

Obama starts off: He says his opposition to the war in Iraq was his hardest decision. Puh-lease! We are all sure it was an agonizing decision for an Illinois state senator-- Obama is such the politician. He still believes the Iraq War is not in America's best interest. That is not only ridiculous but dangerous.

Obama abortion: He is asked at what point does a baby get human rights-- He just dodged it!
    Here's the video:

Of course, he has a gruesome record on abortion. Obama says he does not support late term abortions although his voting record is just the opposite. How sad.

Obama on marriage: "Marriage is between a man and a woman." He says he does not support same sex marriage. Oh buddy!!! Watch the nutroots go C-R-A-Z-Y tonight!

Obama on stem cell research: He's in favor of embryonic stem cell research.

Obama on evil: It has to be confronted (But, not in Iraq.) We have to have humility in confronting evil. Just because our intentions are good doesn't mean we are doing good (a typical liberal view of America).

Obama on Supreme Court: Obama would not have nominated Clarence Thomas or Scalia. Obama says Thomas did not have experience. Glenn Reynolds says, "Kinda ironic, huh?"

Good for Rick Warren for asking these questions.
    http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/20....html#comments

The crowd is LOVING McCain.

Power CUer
    Is anyone planning on watching the Rick Warren sideshow?
    I should probably read the whole thread first, but I'm not sure why you call it a "sideshow". The questions were certainly superior to those asked during the primary "debates", and I felt like I got my first chance to see the two candidates up close and at some length.

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I should probably read the whole thread first, but I'm not sure why you call it a "sideshow". The questions were certainly superior to those asked during the primary "debates", and I felt like I got my first chance to see the two candidates up close and at some length.

I wrote "sideshow" before the program came on because I had believed several sites that said Warren was taking questions from ultra liberal groups. I agree, the questions were well worded and I felt I learned quite a bit.

Power CUer
    I wrote "sideshow" before the program came on because I had believed several sites that said Warren was taking questions from ultra liberal groups. I agree, the questions were well worded and I felt I learned quite a bit.

Oh. That's why I like to see things for myself instead of taking the word of others. ;)

Another good example of the differences in the two candidates was their answers to this question:

WHAT'S THE MOST GUT WRENCHING DECISION YOU'VE EVER HAD TO MAKE?

Obama's answer:
    WELL, YOU KNOW, I THINK THE OPPOSITION TO THE WAR IN IRAQ WAS AS TOUGH A DECISION THAT I'VE HAD TO MAKE NOT ONLY BECAUSE THERE WERE POLITICAL CONSEQUENCES BUT ALSO BECAUSE SADDAM HUSSIEM WAS A BAD PERSON AND THERE WAS NO DOUBT THAT HE MET AMERICA ILL
    That was not a gut wrenching decision he HAD to make. He was a state senator when that issue had to be decided he had no say one way or the other in the outcome. In other words his most gut wrenching decison was one he didn't have to make.

McCain's answer:
    IT WAS LONG AGO AND FAR AWAY IN A PRISON CAMP IN NORTH VIETNAM. MY FATHER WAS A HIGH RANKING ADMIRAL. THE VIETNAMESE CAME AND SAID THAT I COULD LEAVE PRISON EARLY. AND WE HAD A CODE OF CONDUCT THAT SAID YOU ONLY LEAVE BY ORDER OF CAPTURE. I ALSO HAD A DEAR AND BELOVED FRIEND WHO WAS FROM CALIFORNIA BY THE NAME ED ALVAREZ WHO HAD BEEN SHOT DOWN AND CAPTURED
    A COUPLE YEARS BEFORE ME BUT I WASN'T IN GOOD PHYSICAL SHAPE. IN FACT I WAS IN RATHER BAD PHYSICAL SHAPE. SO I SAID NO.
    What an outstanding difference in the answers of these two men. McCain was in a position he could have opted out of a prisoner of war camp with the knowledge they were going to torture him or go home and be safe....He chose the harder of the two options, the one that showed he had honor, integrety, and the strength to lead in a situation none of us ever want to be in.