Thread: Saddleback

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Quote Originally Posted by CLibertarian View Post
    If we can keep the deer out of our gardens but, that how we bait our meat.:D
    Exactly, in a worst case scenario, we would be totally self sufficient down here. We can grow out own food, raise our own meat, actually build things with our own hands. So what if we couldn't sell it through Chicago, we could just keep it down here and sell it at the Farmer's Markets. Apparently Eyelids has never heard of the concept of the farmers market or the weekly livestock sales down here. Trust me, if everyone is left to their own devices, we would easily outlast the ghetto dwellers in his part of the country.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    Exactly, in a worst case scenario, we would be totally self sufficient down here. We can grow out own food, raise our own meat, actually build things with our own hands. So what if we couldn't sell it through Chicago, we could just keep it down here and sell it at the Farmer's Markets. Apparently Eyelids has never heard of the concept of the farmers market or the weekly livestock sales down here. Trust me, if everyone is left to their own devices, we would easily outlast the ghetto dwellers in his part of the country.
    There's a local livestock Feeder Auction where I live. Farmer's markets are all around. City dwellers are so clueless.:D

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    Im under the impression that Chicago Board of Trade, king of all futures exchanges, still is in operation.

The CBOT opened back up 2 weeks after the fire in what amounted to a shack because it was so critical. The food might be grown on the farms but before it gets to everyone else it runs through Chicago.

Without electricity your CBOT is NOTHING. Meanwhile we have the food right here locally. If you want it, you have to come and get it and PAY for it.

In the event of NO major disaster, you STILL depend on rural America. Without the actual commodity to be traded, there really isn't any sense for the CBOT to even exist.
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.

I'm sure there's an analogy to be drawn from the following words of our 2nd President, John Adams.

I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy. My sons ought to study mathematics and philosophy, geography, natural history, naval architecture, navigation, commerce, and agriculture, in order to give their children a right to study painting, poetry, music, architecture, statuary, tapestry, and porcelain. --John Adams
    The "children" would be the inhabitants of the blue states. Without the agriculture, production and industry primarily found in the red states, the urban blue states would not be able to support themselves as they are. Their precious government programs would certainly fall apart, and their commerce would amount to little.