Hybrid View

1. #1 Mike Castle and the GOP 
    This really proves the GOP is more interested in numbers than in ideology. They support a candidate who is beyond a doubt a liberal and who just happens to have an 'R' beside his name over Christine O'Donnell whose ideology seems to be more in line with conservative values. I would rather suffer a loss with a conservative republican and win with a liberal who happens to call himself a republican.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    I have always argued that we Republicans need to fight like hell in the PRIMARIES.

Here is our chance.
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.

No offense to the elderly but for crying out loud couldn't we get someone who is under 70 to run? guy looks like he has one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peal

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    No offense to the elderly but for crying out loud couldn't we get someone who is under 70 to run? guy looks like he has one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peal
    We have someone under 70, she is attractive both politically AND physically.

Here she is.

Conservatives in Delaware need to show up and elect O'Donnell instead of the LIBERAL RINO, Mike Castle.
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.

The TV ads here(I live in what's called the Delaware Valley) are really pushing for her. This has been the one being mostly run:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWUChWrwvdE

And I must say, she's really pretty meaning she would be demonized by the left.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

She won the primary BTW:http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...l/7201185.html

Tea party-backed O'Donnell wins upset in Del.

WILMINGTON, Del. — Conservative activist and tea party favorite Christine O'Donnell upset veteran U.S. Rep. Michael Castle in the Delaware Republican Senate primary Tuesday, overcoming hostile opposition from her state party to earn the surprising victory.

O'Donnell's shocking win gave new energy to the tea party movement, which targeted Castle after victories by Republican tea party candidates in the Alaska and Nevada Senate primaries.

With 98 percent of precincts reporting, O'Donnell had 53 percent to 47 percent for Castle, a former two-term governor and the longest serving congressman in Delaware history.

O'Donnell supporters who gathered at an Elks Lodge in Dover erupted in cheers and dancing upon learning of her victory. O'Donnell took the lead early as voting results came in and never relinquished it, prompting some of her supporters to make floor-sweeping motions while cheering, "Sweep 'em out!"

Castle supporters who gathered at a convention center on the Wilmington riverfront stood in stunned silence while watching results posted on the state elections commission website.

More at the link

She has a lot of work to do because according to the polls, with her winning the nomination, it basically hands the seat to the Dems. Hopefully this isn't so. A little over 6 weeks isn't much time.
    Last edited by NJCardFan; 09-14-2010 at 10:06 PM.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Banned
    I have preaching that for months. The eastern establishment Republican party favors the old style moderate/liberal arm. The Tea party scares them cause they want to take a hatchet to the budget rather than trim around the edges. For most of the career politicians in DC this is a horrific idea. The idea of cutting the fat and employees goes against their spending mentality ways.

Even the Repub House minority leader John Boehner does not get it. Compromise on the tax cuts is idiotic. Most sane people acknowledge that small business owners create more jobs than any other group. So, why would this dunce just hand the O and the Democrats a victory on this issue without a fight. Time to get rid of these appeasers and get someone with balls to lead.

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    This really proves the GOP is more interested in numbers than in ideology. They support a candidate who is beyond a doubt a liberal and who just happens to have an 'R' beside his name over Christine O'Donnell whose ideology seems to be more in line with conservative values. I would rather suffer a loss with a conservative republican and win with a liberal who happens to call himself a republican.
    Yep. It's fear of the establishment RINOs, but it's also a "ignorant" voter issue.

Same thing happened with Lindsey Graham's challenger Bob Conley in 08'. Funny thing was that Conley was a Democrat.

if you had seen all the stances and votes on paper with no name designation or party......you would have sworn Conley was the conservative. And Republican voters went to the polls and voted for Graham anyways.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor