Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mau10man View Post
    No chance now at picking up that senate seat which means that since it is more than likely the democrats will control the senate, they get to set the agenda with regards to chairmanships.

Delaware hasn't had a conservative movement in generations. This was a blown opportunity and the republicans and puritanical conservatives just shot themselves in the foot.
    And with a liberal Republican in the seat the libs still would have had control of it. No think you. Better to lose with a conservative than to win with someone who is going to side with the dems any way.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

You guys just don't get it, do you? There is no conservative groundswell in Delaware. There is no conservative movement that is growing there at all. It takes years of conservatives growing within the party to finally have a chance at winning. If the state legislature actually had conservatives in it that constituted more than just a handful of people, I would say yes, she has a chance but she doesn't.

Politics is a bloodsport and unfortunately this was one race we couldn't afford to lose and we did lose it. Good for you FlaGator, I'm glad you feel vindicated that you would rather lose to a dem than place someone who can win in the race. Castle was the only republican that could pull this off in a very left wing state. Now, not even the bookies who place bets in Vegas, you know, the guys who actually bet money on politics as well, have Delaware as going Democratic.

There is more to politics than ideological purity ladies and gentleman. In the senate where the agenda is set my the majority party, party affiliation is everything and everyone here that is a purist, who wants to "drive out the so-called rino's" just made our job more difficult.

Thanks for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mau10man View Post
    You guys just don't get it, do you? There is no conservative groundswell in Delaware. There is no conservative movement that is growing there at all. It takes years of conservatives growing within the party to finally have a chance at winning. If the state legislature actually had conservatives in it that constituted more than just a handful of people, I would say yes, she has a chance but she doesn't.

Politics is a bloodsport and unfortunately this was one race we couldn't afford to lose and we did lose it. Good for you FlaGator, I'm glad you feel vindicated that you would rather lose to a dem than place someone who can win in the race. Castle was the only republican that could pull this off in a very left wing state. Now, not even the bookies who place bets in Vegas, you know, the guys who actually bet money on politics as well, have Delaware as going Democratic.

There is more to politics than ideological purity ladies and gentleman. In the senate where the agenda is set my the majority party, party affiliation is everything and everyone here that is a purist, who wants to "drive out the so-called rino's" just made our job more difficult.

Thanks for nothing.
    No conservative groudswell? How the hell did she beat Castle?

Maybe someone should tell Scott Brown a republican has no chance of winning the seat Ted Kennedy held.

Quote Originally Posted by Jfor View Post
    No conservative groudswell? How the hell did she beat Castle?
    Because it's a Primary. The rest of Delaware (which get's to Vote in the General) is very blue. Mau10man is dead right on this. She will get crushed in the General for the third consecutive time, and we can kiss committee chairmanships and agenda setting goodbye.

Quote Originally Posted by BDMcGee View Post
    Because it's a Primary. The rest of Delaware (which get's to Vote in the General) is very blue. Mau10man is dead right on this. She will get crushed in the General for the third consecutive time, and we can kiss committee chairmanships and agenda setting goodbye.
    And again, one month ago she didn't have a chance to win. Being able to set the agenda doesn't mean you will get the rino's to vote. It is more important to NOT have a rino than it is to have a democrat.

Quote Originally Posted by hoplophobe View Post
    Maybe someone should tell Scott Brown a republican has no chance of winning the seat Ted Kennedy held.
    Scott Brown is a liberal Repblican in a blue state....hmmm....just like Mike Castle.

Quote Originally Posted by Jfor View Post
    And again, one month ago she didn't have a chance to win. Being able to set the agenda doesn't mean you will get the rino's to vote. It is more important to NOT have a rino than it is to have a democrat.
    It means more easily preventing legislation from ever being voted on at all. There's no way a McConnell controlled Senate lets a cap & trade bill come to the floor,for example, so how Castle feels about it is irrelevant.

We'll see on November 3. It's not that I don't want her to win, I'm just thoroughly convinced she will not.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rd-try View Post
    Why? Is it because "they" said so?

I think it's nuts for any conservative to vote for a "cap and trader". That is exactly the mindset we're trying to get rid of. And, lets remember when Palin stepped down from the governor's post, Carl Rove said "Stick a fork in her...she's done." Kinda missed that one I think. Just because "they" say it don't make it so.
    Carl was really pissed on Fox last night cause his big buddy lost. That's the trouble with Congress. These politicians stay up there too long and have this donkey or elephant ingrained in their forehead. Castle needed to go and I am glad he lost. Another dud, Rick Lazio, was defeated in NY by another Tea Party candidate. Voters are angry and they are looking for candidates with new ideas. Liberals have shot their wad so that's why I think O'Donnell has a shot at winning.

Conservatives need to drive a stake in the heart of these Country Club Rockefeller liberal Republicans. They have controlled the party for far too long and it is time for new blood to take charge.

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    You can't have the same strategy for every state or region and expect it to be effective.

Beating Castle in the primary because he was a RINO may feel good but when the general election comes around this senate seat will go democrat and there will be very little chance of taking the senate.

In a state like Delaware this is a pyrrhic victory at best. It will likely cost the Republican party the senate.

That is a shame.

I'd rather get 80% of what I want and make a deal than drive off a cliff with all the banners flying.

Be ideologically pure in places where you can afford to be, like the south and the west. In the northeast, take what you can get.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!