Thread: Mike Castle and the GOP

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 85
  1. #61  
    Member BDMcGee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lansdale, PA
    Posts
    99
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    And O'Donnell is going to prove a conservative can win in a liberal state.

    When the new polls come out a week from now, you will see her gaining ground. Watch and learn.
    So how's this working out for ya?
     

  2. #62  
    Senior Member Molon Labe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Jihad Me At Hello
    Posts
    4,748
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    This really proves the GOP is more interested in numbers than in ideology. They support a candidate who is beyond a doubt a liberal and who just happens to have an 'R' beside his name over Christine O'Donnell whose ideology seems to be more in line with conservative values. I would rather suffer a loss with a conservative republican and win with a liberal who happens to call himself a republican.
    Yep. It's fear of the establishment RINOs, but it's also a "ignorant" voter issue.

    Same thing happened with Lindsey Graham's challenger Bob Conley in 08'. Funny thing was that Conley was a Democrat.

    if you had seen all the stances and votes on paper with no name designation or party......you would have sworn Conley was the conservative. And Republican voters went to the polls and voted for Graham anyways.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown


    The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor
     

  3. #63  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11,970
    Quote Originally Posted by BDMcGee View Post
    So how's this working out for ya?
    Not too well. However, when you have assholes like Karl Rove that do not like her and his good, good, good friend loses in a fair election, he does zip to get her elected. That just goes to show you how the old guard of the Repub party works. So, two can play that game. Put a RINO up for Prez and see how many conservatives stay home.
     

  4. #64  
    Member BDMcGee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lansdale, PA
    Posts
    99
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    Not too well. However, when you have assholes like Karl Rove that do not like her and his good, good, good friend loses in a fair election, he does zip to get her elected. That just goes to show you how the old guard of the Repub party works. So, two can play that game. Put a RINO up for Prez and see how many conservatives stay home.
    Rove doesn't matter one whit. All the party support in the world would not have changed the outcome of this election. She was unelectable in 2006, she was unelectable in 2008, she's unelectable in 2010 and she will continue to be unelectable in 2012 when I have no doubt she will run again. The demographic reality of Delaware is what it is. You cannot get elected in Delaware without liberal votes. It's like trying to elect Bush in San Francisco. It's nothing more than a matter of mathematics.
     

  5. #65  
    Senior Member Molon Labe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Jihad Me At Hello
    Posts
    4,748
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    Not too well. However, when you have assholes like Karl Rove that do not like her and his good, good, good friend loses in a fair election, he does zip to get her elected. That just goes to show you how the old guard of the Repub party works. So, two can play that game. Put a RINO up for Prez and see how many conservatives stay home.
    I'm glad someone else is seeing Rove for being what he was born to be. :)
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown


    The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor
     

  6. #66  
    CU's Tallest Midget! PoliCon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA
    Posts
    25,328
    Quote Originally Posted by BDMcGee View Post
    Rove doesn't matter one whit. All the party support in the world would not have changed the outcome of this election. She was unelectable in 2006, she was unelectable in 2008, she's unelectable in 2010 and she will continue to be unelectable in 2012 when I have no doubt she will run again. The demographic reality of Delaware is what it is. You cannot get elected in Delaware without liberal votes. It's like trying to elect Bush in San Francisco. It's nothing more than a matter of mathematics.
    So we should support a wolf in sheep's clothing? The party threw their support to someone who is a leftist - who would pull the same shit that Snow and Specter and the other left leaning republicans always did - they will hold the rest of us hostage and I for one would rather see a democrat elected than a republican who will vote with the democrats.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.
     

  7. #67  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11,970
    Quote Originally Posted by BDMcGee View Post
    Rove doesn't matter one whit. All the party support in the world would not have changed the outcome of this election. She was unelectable in 2006, she was unelectable in 2008, she's unelectable in 2010 and she will continue to be unelectable in 2012 when I have no doubt she will run again. The demographic reality of Delaware is what it is. You cannot get elected in Delaware without liberal votes. It's like trying to elect Bush in San Francisco. It's nothing more than a matter of mathematics.
    Rove does matter when he gets on TV the day after the election and states she can not win and is very bitter about his good friend losing. Those are facts, and if the estabished REPUBS want to play that game, I will withold my vote from damn RINO's.

    BTW, Rove ran his mouth off about Palin also. This jerk should STFU.
    Last edited by lacarnut; 10-26-2010 at 05:35 PM.
     

  8. #68  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11,970
    Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    I'm glad someone else is seeing Rove for being what he was born to be. :)
    He is a typical political hack. Say something bad about Bush and he is not man enough to take the blame. Everything that went wrong like spending and debt is the Democrats fault with this turkey.
     

  9. #69  
    Member BDMcGee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lansdale, PA
    Posts
    99
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    So we should support a wolf in sheep's clothing? The party threw their support to someone who is a leftist - who would pull the same shit that Snow and Specter and the other left leaning republicans always did - they will hold the rest of us hostage and I for one would rather see a democrat elected than a republican who will vote with the democrats.
    Only if you want a majority, in Delaware the real choice was between a left R and a more left D. There was never any possibility of elcecting a conservative in Delaware, especially not a two-time landslide loser. The fact of the matter is that I would rather have Majority Leader McConnell than Majority Leader Dem-to-be-named-later. I would rather conservatives be charing Senate committees than liberals chairing Senate committees. If that means accepting the reality that a liberal Republican is the only thing I can get in a liberal state, because the majority of the people in Delaware prefer to be represented by liberals then I'll take it.

    It's just like the DUmmies who want to primary out their Blue Dogs in deep red districts, I hope they do cause that ain't gonna work either. There is no 51% majority left or right. Both sides need the middle. Conervatives need less of the middle, but we still need it. Politics is not now, never was and never will be pure, and battle should be fought with a national strategy in mind. Delaware is like Arnhem - a bridge too far.
     

  10. #70  
    CU's Tallest Midget! PoliCon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA
    Posts
    25,328
    Quote Originally Posted by BDMcGee View Post
    Only if you want a majority, in Delaware the real choice was between a left R and a more left D. There was never any possibility of elcecting a conservative in Delaware, especially not a two-time landslide loser. The fact of the matter is that I would rather have Majority Leader McConnell than Majority Leader Dem-to-be-named-later. I would rather conservatives be charing Senate committees than liberals chairing Senate committees. If that means accepting the reality that a liberal Republican is the only thing I can get in a liberal state, because the majority of the people in Delaware prefer to be represented by liberals then I'll take it.

    It's just like the DUmmies who want to primary out their Blue Dogs in deep red districts, I hope they do cause that ain't gonna work either. There is no 51% majority left or right. Both sides need the middle. Conervatives need less of the middle, but we still need it. Politics is not now, never was and never will be pure, and battle should be fought with a national strategy in mind. Delaware is like Arnhem - a bridge too far.
    I understand your point - but respectfully disagree. Reagan won in Cali a state well known for going to the dems - but he did not do so by tacking to the left. He did so by standing up and challenging people to come right. A conservative can be elected anywhere because reality is there are more of us than there are of them - and even the moderates are more conservative than are the leftists that are currently running DC. O'Donnell may not be the one who can win Deleware because of her baggage - but the Powers that be had best learn and learn quickly that we are no longer going to tolerate RINOs. There were surely better candidates than Castle for the job - but of course they picked Castle because he is one of their own - he is a member of the party elite.

    ANYHOW I'd rather be in the minority than have a majority that will vote with the other side.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •