Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    I understand your point - but respectfully disagree. Reagan won in Cali a state well known for going to the dems - but he did not do so by tacking to the left. He did so by standing up and challenging people to come right. A conservative can be elected anywhere because reality is there are more of us than there are of them - and even the moderates are more conservative than are the leftists that are currently running DC. O'Donnell may not be the one who can win Deleware because of her baggage - but the Powers that be had best learn and learn quickly that we are no longer going to tolerate RINOs. There were surely better candidates than Castle for the job - but of course they picked Castle because he is one of their own - he is a member of the party elite.

ANYHOW I'd rather be in the minority than have a majority that will vote with the other side.
    We can agree to disagree, on the overall point. I concede Reagan, but IMO Reagan was one of a kind.

As to the last sentence, I'm not saying I want 51 Mike Castles, I'm saying I'll tolerate a few Castles if it's the difference maker in controlling the chamber. I live in PA, I've had to hold my nose and vote for Specter numerous times, but he gets large part of the credit, IMO, for the fact that we have a pretty rock solid conervative on SCOTUS due to his Judiciary Committee chairmanship. How he survived Yeakel after that I don't know, but I'm glad he did.

The internicine battle in Delaware could have waited, is all I'm saying. Could the establishment have put forward a better candidate than Castle? Absolutely, but was O'Donnell the best the Tea Party could find? I'm all for running conservatives in primaries, but can we agree that perhaps they should be vetted first, not just taken at face value because they say what we want them to? A little opposition research? A glance at the recent electoral track record?

What really sucks it that I live in PA-13 which is so damn blue that Allyson Schwarz is actualy campaigning ON her role as one of the authors of Obamacare. I'd scan the ad in, but it wen't straight from my mailbox to the circular file.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BDMcGee View Post

As to the last sentence, I'm not saying I want 51 Mike Castles, I'm saying I'll tolerate a few Castles if it's the difference maker in controlling the chamber.
    I am not voting for another RINO. I held my nose and voted for McCain. If the dumb ass Repubs nominate Romney, I stay home. Conservatives have had a belly full of these Democratic lite candidates calling themselves Republicans..

We can agree to disagree, on the overall point. I concede Reagan, but IMO Reagan was one of a kind.

As to the last sentence, I'm not saying I want 51 Mike Castles, I'm saying I'll tolerate a few Castles if it's the difference maker in controlling the chamber. I live in PA, I've had to hold my nose and vote for Specter numerous times, but he gets large part of the credit, IMO, for the fact that we have a pretty rock solid conervative on SCOTUS due to his Judiciary Committee chairmanship. How he survived Yeakel after that I don't know, but I'm glad he did.

The internicine battle in Delaware could have waited, is all I'm saying. Could the establishment have put forward a better candidate than Castle? Absolutely, but was O'Donnell the best the Tea Party could find? I'm all for running conservatives in primaries, but can we agree that perhaps they should be vetted first, not just taken at face value because they say what we want them to? A little opposition research? A glance at the recent electoral track record?

What really sucks it that I live in PA-13 which is so damn blue that Allyson Schwarz is actualy campaigning ON her role as one of the authors of Obamacare. I'd scan the ad in, but it wen't straight from my mailbox to the circular file.
    I live in PA Congressional 14 - Mike Doyle's district. Believe me I know all about being in a district that is sickeningly blue. I mean I'm registered as a democrat because all of the local elections are decided in the democratic primary so if I actually want to VOTE for someone - I have to be a democrat. BUT! We have a hope here and a chance. An actual conservative is running against Doyle with an actual chance to upset him this cycle - albeit a VERY slim one. I mean after all - my district is 78% democrat.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

I live in PA Congressional 14 - Mike Doyle's district. Believe me I know all about being in a district that is sickeningly blue. I mean I'm registered as a democrat because all of the local elections are decided in the democratic primary so if I actually want to VOTE for someone - I have to be a democrat. BUT! We have a hope here and a chance. An actual conservative is running against Doyle with an actual chance to upset him this cycle - albeit a VERY slim one. I mean after all - my district is 78% democrat.
    I had to be rgistered Dem when I lived in South Philly if I wanted to get anything from the local govt, so I get ya there.

Best of luck with unseating Doyle. The wife and I will be pulling the lever for Adcock next Tuesday and praying for a miracle.

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    I am not voting for another RINO. I held my nose and voted for McCain. If the dumb ass Repubs nominate Romney, I stay home. Conservatives have had a belly full of these Democratic lite candidates calling themselves Republicans..

Taking your ball and going home is no way to act when it comes to politics. Another 4 years of Obama is much worse than 4 years of Mitt Romney.

Quote Originally Posted by Mau10man View Post

Taking your ball and going home is no way to act when it comes to politics. Another 4 years of Obama is much worse than 4 years of Mitt Romney.
    4 more years of Obama and we would be smoldering ruins!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    4 more years of Obama and we would be smoldering ruins!
    Plus the two years of his current term.

I had to be rgistered Dem when I lived in South Philly if I wanted to get anything from the local govt, so I get ya there.

Best of luck with unseating Doyle. The wife and I will be pulling the lever for Adcock next Tuesday and praying for a miracle.
    I'm going in - pushing the republican button and walking out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mau10man View Post

No necessarily. 4 years of Romney could cripple or even kill conservatism making it easier for something worse than Barry to get elected.

No necessarily. 4 years of Romney could cripple or even kill conservatism making it easier for something worse than Barry to get elected.
    Wrong. That strategy has done nothing but hurt conservatives and republicans. The next term we have a possible 3 justices of SCOTUS up for reappointment. Do you really want to sit this one out?

Seriously?!?!