Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 85
  1. #71  
    Member BDMcGee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lansdale, PA
    Posts
    99
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    I understand your point - but respectfully disagree. Reagan won in Cali a state well known for going to the dems - but he did not do so by tacking to the left. He did so by standing up and challenging people to come right. A conservative can be elected anywhere because reality is there are more of us than there are of them - and even the moderates are more conservative than are the leftists that are currently running DC. O'Donnell may not be the one who can win Deleware because of her baggage - but the Powers that be had best learn and learn quickly that we are no longer going to tolerate RINOs. There were surely better candidates than Castle for the job - but of course they picked Castle because he is one of their own - he is a member of the party elite.

    ANYHOW I'd rather be in the minority than have a majority that will vote with the other side.
    We can agree to disagree, on the overall point. I concede Reagan, but IMO Reagan was one of a kind.

    As to the last sentence, I'm not saying I want 51 Mike Castles, I'm saying I'll tolerate a few Castles if it's the difference maker in controlling the chamber. I live in PA, I've had to hold my nose and vote for Specter numerous times, but he gets large part of the credit, IMO, for the fact that we have a pretty rock solid conervative on SCOTUS due to his Judiciary Committee chairmanship. How he survived Yeakel after that I don't know, but I'm glad he did.

    The internicine battle in Delaware could have waited, is all I'm saying. Could the establishment have put forward a better candidate than Castle? Absolutely, but was O'Donnell the best the Tea Party could find? I'm all for running conservatives in primaries, but can we agree that perhaps they should be vetted first, not just taken at face value because they say what we want them to? A little opposition research? A glance at the recent electoral track record?

    What really sucks it that I live in PA-13 which is so damn blue that Allyson Schwarz is actualy campaigning ON her role as one of the authors of Obamacare. I'd scan the ad in, but it wen't straight from my mailbox to the circular file.
     

  2. #72  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11,970
    Quote Originally Posted by BDMcGee View Post

    As to the last sentence, I'm not saying I want 51 Mike Castles, I'm saying I'll tolerate a few Castles if it's the difference maker in controlling the chamber.
    I am not voting for another RINO. I held my nose and voted for McCain. If the dumb ass Repubs nominate Romney, I stay home. Conservatives have had a belly full of these Democratic lite candidates calling themselves Republicans..
     

  3. #73  
    CU's Tallest Midget! PoliCon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA
    Posts
    25,328
    Quote Originally Posted by BDMcGee View Post
    We can agree to disagree, on the overall point. I concede Reagan, but IMO Reagan was one of a kind.

    As to the last sentence, I'm not saying I want 51 Mike Castles, I'm saying I'll tolerate a few Castles if it's the difference maker in controlling the chamber. I live in PA, I've had to hold my nose and vote for Specter numerous times, but he gets large part of the credit, IMO, for the fact that we have a pretty rock solid conervative on SCOTUS due to his Judiciary Committee chairmanship. How he survived Yeakel after that I don't know, but I'm glad he did.

    The internicine battle in Delaware could have waited, is all I'm saying. Could the establishment have put forward a better candidate than Castle? Absolutely, but was O'Donnell the best the Tea Party could find? I'm all for running conservatives in primaries, but can we agree that perhaps they should be vetted first, not just taken at face value because they say what we want them to? A little opposition research? A glance at the recent electoral track record?

    What really sucks it that I live in PA-13 which is so damn blue that Allyson Schwarz is actualy campaigning ON her role as one of the authors of Obamacare. I'd scan the ad in, but it wen't straight from my mailbox to the circular file.
    I live in PA Congressional 14 - Mike Doyle's district. Believe me I know all about being in a district that is sickeningly blue. I mean I'm registered as a democrat because all of the local elections are decided in the democratic primary so if I actually want to VOTE for someone - I have to be a democrat. BUT! We have a hope here and a chance. An actual conservative is running against Doyle with an actual chance to upset him this cycle - albeit a VERY slim one. I mean after all - my district is 78% democrat.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.
     

  4. #74  
    Member BDMcGee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lansdale, PA
    Posts
    99
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    I live in PA Congressional 14 - Mike Doyle's district. Believe me I know all about being in a district that is sickeningly blue. I mean I'm registered as a democrat because all of the local elections are decided in the democratic primary so if I actually want to VOTE for someone - I have to be a democrat. BUT! We have a hope here and a chance. An actual conservative is running against Doyle with an actual chance to upset him this cycle - albeit a VERY slim one. I mean after all - my district is 78% democrat.
    I had to be rgistered Dem when I lived in South Philly if I wanted to get anything from the local govt, so I get ya there.

    Best of luck with unseating Doyle. The wife and I will be pulling the lever for Adcock next Tuesday and praying for a miracle.
     

  5. #75  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Pierce County
    Posts
    2,081
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    I am not voting for another RINO. I held my nose and voted for McCain. If the dumb ass Repubs nominate Romney, I stay home. Conservatives have had a belly full of these Democratic lite candidates calling themselves Republicans..



    Taking your ball and going home is no way to act when it comes to politics. Another 4 years of Obama is much worse than 4 years of Mitt Romney.
     

  6. #76  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    42,683
    Quote Originally Posted by Mau10man View Post



    Taking your ball and going home is no way to act when it comes to politics. Another 4 years of Obama is much worse than 4 years of Mitt Romney.
    4 more years of Obama and we would be smoldering ruins!
     

  7. #77  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11,970
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    4 more years of Obama and we would be smoldering ruins!
    Plus the two years of his current term.
     

  8. #78  
    CU's Tallest Midget! PoliCon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA
    Posts
    25,328
    Quote Originally Posted by BDMcGee View Post
    I had to be rgistered Dem when I lived in South Philly if I wanted to get anything from the local govt, so I get ya there.

    Best of luck with unseating Doyle. The wife and I will be pulling the lever for Adcock next Tuesday and praying for a miracle.
    I'm going in - pushing the republican button and walking out.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.
     

  9. #79  
    CU's Tallest Midget! PoliCon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA
    Posts
    25,328
    Quote Originally Posted by Mau10man View Post



    Taking your ball and going home is no way to act when it comes to politics. Another 4 years of Obama is much worse than 4 years of Mitt Romney.
    No necessarily. 4 years of Romney could cripple or even kill conservatism making it easier for something worse than Barry to get elected.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.
     

  10. #80  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Pierce County
    Posts
    2,081
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    No necessarily. 4 years of Romney could cripple or even kill conservatism making it easier for something worse than Barry to get elected.
    Wrong. That strategy has done nothing but hurt conservatives and republicans. The next term we have a possible 3 justices of SCOTUS up for reappointment. Do you really want to sit this one out?

    Seriously?!?!
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •