Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1 Iran releases imprisoned American hiker Sarah Shourd on bail 
    Sep 14, 2010
    Iran releases imprisoned American hiker Sarah Shourd on bail
    07:44 AM

    Iran today released imprisoned American hiker Sarah Shourd on $500,000 bail, Iran's Press TV reports. Two U.S. companions remain in jail on charges of illegally entering Iran.


    Iran today released U.S. hiker Sarah Shourd, shown here in May in Tehran when she was allowed to meet with her visiting mother. By Atta Kenare, AFP/Getty Images

    Shourd, Shane Bauer and Joshua Fattal were arrested in 2009 and charged with spying after the Tehran prosecutor found "compelling ed in 2009 and charged with spying after the Tehran prosecutor found "compelling evidence" that the trio had been cooperating with U.S. intelligence agencies, Iran Press TV says.

    Iranian officials said last week that Shourd would be freed on Saturday, but the decision was canceled because of "unresolved legal issues," Press TV says.

    USA Today
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    LTC Member Odysseus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FT Belvoir, VA
    Posts
    15,638
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Sep 14, 2010
    Iran releases imprisoned American hiker Sarah Shourd on bail
    07:44 AM

    Iran today released imprisoned American hiker Sarah Shourd on $500,000 bail, Iran's Press TV reports. Two U.S. companions remain in jail on charges of illegally entering Iran.


    Iran today released U.S. hiker Sarah Shourd, shown here in May in Tehran when she was allowed to meet with her visiting mother. By Atta Kenare, AFP/Getty Images

    Shourd, Shane Bauer and Joshua Fattal were arrested in 2009 and charged with spying after the Tehran prosecutor found "compelling ed in 2009 and charged with spying after the Tehran prosecutor found "compelling evidence" that the trio had been cooperating with U.S. intelligence agencies, Iran Press TV says.

    Iranian officials said last week that Shourd would be freed on Saturday, but the decision was canceled because of "unresolved legal issues," Press TV says.

    USA Today
    No doubt they wanted to remind her that if she talked about how she was treated, the other two hikers would suffer for it.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

    Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    If these people had a political allegiance at all, it was most likely left-of-center. I wonder if they appreciate the irony in being viewed as running dogs of the CIA by the people they may have been "helping"?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    LTC Member Odysseus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FT Belvoir, VA
    Posts
    15,638
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    If these people had a political allegiance at all, it was most likely left-of-center. I wonder if they appreciate the irony in being viewed as running dogs of the CIA by the people they may have been "helping"?
    Possibly. Some, not many, but some, of those idiots who went to Iraq to be "human shields" were shocked, shocked I tell you, to discover that Saddam wanted them to stand in front of military targets instead of widows and photogenic orphans, and even when they did stand in front of protected sites, like mosques and hospitals, the mosques and hospitals had been used for military purposes in violation of the Geneva Conventions. Then, when the war started, they discovered that the civilians of Iraq didn't need human shields, because we weren't shooting at them.

    So, it all depends on how deluded these particular lefties are, and how apalling their treatment was. If the Iranians treated her the way that they usually treat women in Ervin Prison, then I'm sure that she has some gruesome stories to tell, but she may be deluded enough to think that everything that happened to her was Bush's fault.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

    Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11,970
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    If these people had a political allegiance at all, it was most likely left-of-center. I wonder if they appreciate the irony in being viewed as running dogs of the CIA by the people they may have been "helping"?
    According to Wiki, they are anti-war, social justice and Palestinian solidarity activists. My hope is that Iran keeps these dip-shits forever.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    42,271
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    According to Wiki, they are anti-war, social justice and Palestinian solidarity activists. My hope is that Iran keeps these dip-shits forever.
    I am with you on that, more of them should be encouraged to go hiking.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    LTC Member Odysseus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FT Belvoir, VA
    Posts
    15,638
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I am with you on that, more of them should be encouraged to go hiking.
    What's funny is that they are letting her out on bail (which is being provided by Oman) and then letting her leave the country. I guess that the Omanis will have to send someone to get their bail back. :p
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

    Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Senior Member Apache's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Tree rats are watching you
    Posts
    7,038
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    What's funny is that they are letting her out on bail (which is being provided by Oman) and then letting her leave the country. I guess that the Omanis will have to send someone to get their bail back. :p
    They could always get Dog to get her if she skips.....
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

    We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

    R.I.P. Crockspot
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    Senior Member warpig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ft. Worth, Texas
    Posts
    1,445
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    They could always get Dog to get her if she skips.....
    beat me to it..................:D
    "What this country needs are more unemployed politicians."
    -Edward Langley

    "Liberals are the type of people who go on safari and wonder why they can't get out and pet the lions..."- warpig
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11,970
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I am with you on that, more of them should be encouraged to go hiking.
    You think we could send Obama, Rambo and Axel. The Iranians would get a kick out of these fools.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •