Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by swirling_vortex View Post
    True, one thing I've never understood about Americans liberals is that their European liberal counterparts are taking a rather conservative view on their borders and culture. Can you imagine if our Congress tried to do the same thing? I don't think we'd even get enough Republican votes to do that.
    With the exception of the British who seem to be going down the same path as us, Euro's are very protective o their culture. If you don't think the French don't want their culture fucked with, just go to Quebec.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    With the exception of the British who seem to be going down the same path as us, Euro's are very protective o their culture. If you don't think the French don't want their culture fucked with, just go to Quebec.
    Well, the French people (from France) consider Quebecois to be ridiculous peasants. :p

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    Give the French credit for having the balls to ban the Muslim veil. Is supect those "peaceful" people will be causing a lot of trouble in the next 10 days.
    Absolutely. I'm glad someone picked up on this.

The latest is that the French have expelled some Romany traveller trash and are in the shit with the EU for it. They don't care, and I don't blame them. Enough is enough.

Several times lately I've seen the French border police checking cars out when I've been driving into France from Belgium, and puling any car with RO and HU plates.

Even though it causes minor delays to my journey, it cheers me up no end to see this, and I have to say it's quite improved my opinion of the French. EU expansion to include the eastern states was a massive mistake.
    Last edited by hampshirebrit; 09-15-2010 at 06:00 AM.
    nie vergessen, nie verzeihen.