Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Yucky/Yummy Wednesday! 
    We're holding on to summer temperature-wise but the leaves are just beginning to turn. It's way too dark in the morning. :(

TOTD: Some people at work were kind of teasing a guy yesterday (mildly) because he always eats the same exact thing for lunch: tuna sandwich, no-name chips, an orange, and 3 Oreos. It never varies and he has no interest in changing things up. He used to be fat but lost all the weight a few years ago. He attributes his success to monotony during the week.

Do you have any unusual food preferences? Do you eat things that other people dislike? Can you eat the same thing all week long without getting tired of it?

I can not eat the same thing all week long, however I've been known to be a picky eater. I've never been much of an egg or dairy eater, but I'm trying to improve that. I absolutely hate (as in it will make me vomit) tuna fish (meaning tuna from a can and mayonnaise...I like tuna sushi though). I love escargot. I don't like my food to touch each other on the plate, and I have to eat one thing at a time...protein, then vegetable, then starch. Once I'm done with it, I'm done. For example, if I have a steak and I eat 2/3 of it and then move on to the carrots, I will not then go back and eat more of the steak. If I have a cheeseburger and french fries I can not eat the french fries until I'm all finished with the cheeseburger. Yeah, that means I usually get screwed if I'm sharing the fries as there aren't any left by the time I'm ready to eat them.

I've been trying to mix up the foods lately because some people are insistent on telling me how to eat. I have no idea why it bothers anyone else how I eat, but apparently it does.

Oh...and the plate must be centered so that the protein is on the left bottom of the plate. That is all. No, I am not weird...I swear.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillygirl View Post
    I've been trying to mix up the foods lately because some people are insistent on telling me how to eat. I have no idea why it bothers anyone else how I eat, but apparently it does.
    It's amazing at how interested people are in these matters. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    It's amazing at how interested people are in these matters. :D
    There's a new show on one of those reality channels about "freaky eaters"...one woman would only eat french fries and one guy would only eat pizza. Weird.

There's a new show on one of those reality channels about "freaky eaters"...one woman would only eat french fries and one guy would only eat pizza. Weird.
    I actually belong to the internet group that many of those people also belong to: Adult Picky Eaters. All last spring and early in the summer that show was asking for volunteers from our group. I haven't seen the show (and won't) but I'm sure there will be an audience for it. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    I actually belong to the internet group that many of those people also belong to: Adult Picky Eaters. All last spring and early in the summer that show was asking for volunteers from our group. I haven't seen the show (and won't) but I'm sure there will be an audience for it. ;)
    Yeah, this was beyond picky, truly medical/psychological issues. Apparently the one woman has some sort of genetic deficiency that makes any new tastes extremely troublesome. It was interesting, although I don't see where I could watch more than that one episode.

I usually bring a sandwich to work for lunch. To keep it from getting soggy, I bring all of the components in separate baggies and put it together when I'm ready to eat. Co-workers have ribbed me for that.

Quote Originally Posted by jendf View Post
    I usually bring a sandwich to work for lunch. To keep it from getting soggy, I bring all of the components in separate baggies and put it together when I'm ready to eat. Co-workers have ribbed me for that.
    That sounds sensible to me. I sent Mr. Snaps off to work this morning with steak sandwich components separately bagged. :)

I can not eat the same thing all week long, however I've been known to be a picky eater. I've never been much of an egg or dairy eater, but I'm trying to improve that. I absolutely hate (as in it will make me vomit) tuna fish (meaning tuna from a can and mayonnaise...I like tuna sushi though). I love escargot. I don't like my food to touch each other on the plate, and I have to eat one thing at a time...protein, then vegetable, then starch. Once I'm done with it, I'm done. For example, if I have a steak and I eat 2/3 of it and then move on to the carrots, I will not then go back and eat more of the steak. If I have a cheeseburger and french fries I can not eat the french fries until I'm all finished with the cheeseburger. Yeah, that means I usually get screwed if I'm sharing the fries as there aren't any left by the time I'm ready to eat them.

Oh...and the plate must be centered so that the protein is on the left bottom of the plate. That is all. No, I am not weird...I swear.
    Not weird, but perhaps a little strange ... :p

My only food-fad is that I like to know how it's been cooked, if I'm not the one who's doing the cooking.
    nie vergessen, nie verzeihen.

Aye Carumba.

Do you have to go and wash your hands? Maybe roll some hair into tiny hairballs? Check your garage door?