Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Here is a question, if one is baptized as an infant and God doesn't recognize it as a valid choice, was the infant really baptized?
    Who says God won't recognize it?

The person was baptised. If the person is living their life as a baptised christian then why would God reject someone who is living their life correctly and who believes they are validly baptised?

The bible says whole families went to be baptised. Families include children.

None of us know the mind of God but I doubt he's going to get technical in order to trick people and send them to hell.

I've never viewed baptism as an actual requirement for salvation. I think it, like the other sacraments (i.e. Communion), is merely an optional, symbolic expression of faith.
    The DUmmies again reveal themselves as ignorant, bigoted jerks who know absolutely nothing about the Christian faith.

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyOldLady View Post
    Who says God won't recognize it?

The person was baptised. If the person is living their life as a baptised christian then why would God reject someone who is living their life correctly and who believes they are validly baptised?

The bible says whole families went to be baptised. Families include children.

None of us know the mind of God but I doubt he's going to get technical in order to trick people and send them to hell.
    I didn't say God wouldn't recognize it. I was just purposing a question. For the record, I don't believe that Baptism redeems a person, Christ Jesus does. If Baptism was a requirement of salvation then that would mean that my redemption was something that could be earned by my actions and would go against the doctrine of salvation by faith alone. Baptism is the visible ritual that demonstrates one's determination to renounce his or her sinful nature. In the case of infant Baptism it is the convictions and desires of the parents speaking on behalf of the child that are being made public. As I pointed out in another post, if the child lives a Godly life, doing God's will, then the Baptism was valid. If however the child rejects Christ later in life then the Baptism was invalid. Personally I was glad that I was baptized as an adult so that I could consciously make the decision and repent before the Lord. Also I found it helpful to decide for myself which denomination I wished to perform the rite.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis